SanDisk Ultra class 10 16 gb memory card problem on Lumia 520

ragnand2905

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have this strange problem while using the sandisk ultra class 10 16 gb memory card on my 520. Whenever I have chosen to save apps on SD card, the store says there is problem with memory card and my phone hangs. And when I boot the phone it says it needs to scan my memory card and then after sometime it says your memory card has irreparable error. please use another memory card. But when I use the memory card with the adapter provided on PC it works fine. What might be the problem on phone? Does 520 not support class 10 memory card? If not which would be the best 16 GB memory card for 520? Thank you in advance :) :)

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have this strange problem while using the sandisk ultra class 10 16 gb memory card on my 520. Whenever I have chosen to save apps on SD card, the store says there is problem with memory card and my phone hangs. And when I boot the phone it says it needs to scan my memory card and then after sometime it says your memory card has irreparable error. please use another memory card. But when I use the memory card with the adapter provided on PC it works fine. What might be the problem on phone? Does 520 not support class 10 memory card? If not which would be the best 16 GB memory card for 520? Thank you in advance :) :)
Copy all the data on the card to PC, format the card, copy the data back from the card to the PC. Problem solved.If not, either there is a problem with the data on the card or the card itself. Try putting the completely formatted card without any data on it in the phone and try installing apps to sd. If it works, then it was a problem with the earlier data on the card. If it direct install apps to sd,it is a problem with the card itself.Go to the store where you bought it and claim your warranty.

ragnand2905

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Copy all the data on the card to PC, format the card, copy the data back from the card to the PC. Problem solved.If not, either there is a problem with the data on the card or the card itself. Try putting the completely formatted card without any data on it in the phone and try installing apps to sd. If it works, then it was a problem with the earlier data on the card. If it direct install apps to sd,it is a problem with the card itself.Go to the store where you bought it and claim your warranty.
Thank you for the quick reply. :)
I already tried doing what you have told many times. That is copying the data to PC, formatting the card and copying the data back. Also I tried directly installing apps to the formatted memory card. First few apps install and then the same problem. It may not be the problem with the card as I have been using it on my Sony camera to take 18mp pics and videos of 1080p. Have taken many pics and videos using the same memory card with the adapter. And I can also use the card on my laptop without any glitch too. The problem comes only when I use it with my phone. Initially I thought it might be problem with windows phone 8. But even after upgrading to 8.1 and also doing a hard reset I am getting the same problem.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply. :)
I already tried doing what you have told many times. That is copying the data to PC, formatting the card and copying the data back. Also I tried directly installing apps to the formatted memory card. First few apps install and then the same problem. It may not be the problem with the card as I have been using it on my Sony camera to take 18mp pics and videos of 1080p. Have taken many pics and videos using the same memory card with the adapter. And I can also use the card on my laptop without any glitch too. The problem comes only when I use it with my phone. Initially I thought it might be problem with windows phone 8. But even after upgrading to 8.1 and also doing a hard reset I am getting the same problem.
Test the phone with a spare memory card to see if the apps to sd thingy still works

ragnand2905

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Test the phone with a spare memory card to see if the apps to sd thingy still works

Yeah. I have been using Sandisk class 4, 8 gb memory card. Working without any problem. I wanted a 16 gb memory card so that I could transfer all my apps to memory card to free up space on phone. But sadly it ain't working on class 10 card.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I have been using Sandisk class 4, 8 gb memory card. Working without any problem. I wanted a 16 gb memory card so that I could transfer all my apps to memory card to free up space on phone. But sadly it ain't working on class 10 card.
Ask anybody else(friend, neighbour) having a Lumia to just try the card. If it works, problem is with with phone. If not, the memory card.

ragnand2905

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Found out the solution to the problem.
When the store says can't install the app, restart your phone. When it asks if you want to scan the SD card select no. And bingo you can use all your apps without any problem.. :)

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Was the card formated on the phone or another device. Usually they come formated for Fat32 as that is the most popular in use. I have a Sandisk 64GB class 10 in my 820 and it works like a charm. I keep several movies on it to watch during long plane flights. But I also have a 16GM in my backup 520 and its works fine too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes