Turn off screen appears every time (Nokia Lumia 520)

Nick Schaafsma

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Ciaooo,

Every time the turn off screen (slide down to power off) appears by itself.
Almost all the time I have to slide it up for not to turn it off.
It's really annoying and my patience is dying, so what to do? I can't whatsapp normally or surf on the web et cetera.
Thanks!

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ciaooo,

Every time the turn off screen (slide down to power off) appears by itself.
Almost all the time I have to slide it up for not to turn it off.
It's really annoying and my patience is dying, so what to do? I can't whatsapp normally or surf on the web et cetera.
Thanks!

Same's happening to me right now. L1520.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is there a case on your 520 that might be holding the middle button in?

On my first 521 I didn't have the back cover snapped on completely and that phone was doing the same as yours.

Nick Schaafsma

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
You have answered your own question then, if power button does not work anymore and is broken. Then that is problem contact Nokia for repair..

The button is dead for ages, I just unlock by touching the screen, doing that already for months.
But now the turn off screen appears by itself or the screen goes black and I have to unlock it. I think it's more of a hardware problem, but what to do ? Not ready to send it to care center yet, need it right now.

altair679

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, if the power button is dead, or not functioning, perhaps the problem lies IN the power button. As you know, opening the case reveals some sort of thing which is the power button. Perhaps the problem lies in there. Bring it to a service center right away, if you please.

Nick Schaafsma

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, if the power button is dead, or not functioning, perhaps the problem lies IN the power button. As you know, opening the case reveals some sort of thing which is the power button. Perhaps the problem lies in there. Bring it to a service center right away, if you please.

Already opened the case and the powerbutton looks fine, as far as I can see there is no physical damage. The failure of the power button happened out of the blue, suddenly it wouldn't work anymore. If I bring it to care center, how long does it take to fix it? I don't want to miss it for 2 weeks, I paid for it so it should work, but it doesn't.
My volume button also broke off few months ago, not the case button but really in the Phone itself. But those are not the problems that annoy me, because I can unlock the Phone by double touch and manage the volume by an app. It's really the shut down screen that pops down everytime and the sudden lock wich doesn't make it possible to use it, as it should have worked.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
If the power button malfunctioning (it's having contact error), then it's possible that it makes contact (switch) randomly by itself. The switch maybe could be fixed by even wd40 spray, but it's not really possible to use that spray in a mobile phone without the risk you ruin everything else (especially the screen).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon