Can't turn phone off after pre 8.1 update.

Lloyd Jenkins

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I have been waiting for ever for the 8.1 update, finally yesterday there was an update available and I thought that was it.

However it turned out to be a 8.0xxxx something update that stated it will make it easier to update to 8.1.

Ever since the update I can't power off the phone, I hold the power button, the screen comes up and says "slide down to power off", I do that, I get the "goodbye" message, it goes black then buzzes and fires right back up again.

Oh, also when I finished installing the update it said it was all done and I could check for new updates or it would do it automatically in the future. Of course I tried to check for a new update hoping 8.1 download would show up but now I get a message saying "unable to check for updates at this time (80072ee2)"

Any ideas on these issues?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
First things first I'd try to do a soft reset. This is a bit like a factory reset but you'll keep all your personal data. Hold down the Volume down and Power button simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds or until you feel a vibration. Your phone should restart and hopefully it will solve your issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3