Lumia 520/1 Questions - ClearBlack and Super Sensitive Display

Riyan R

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey, does the lack of ClearBlack display make this phone a bad purchase? Is the screen poor without it? How would you rate the screen (out of 10) on:

Viewing Angles
Colours (Black and Whites, too)
Brightness

And also, will the Super Sensitive Display work with a screen protector on?

Thanks.

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd give the screen a 6/10

The lack of CBD does hurt in bright sunlight, no question about that IMO. It can be difficult to see. Changing the brightness which I have not done may help a bit, I don't know.

The viewing angles seem ok with me. The colors are just ok. Not nearly as vibrant as on other devices, but the B&W's look good to me. Very clear and readable. As far as the brightness, I've just kept it on "automatic" and that works ok for my purposes.

As far as the Super Sensitive Display working with a screen protector on. I just slapped on a protector the other day and the sensitivity of the screen does not seem affected at all.

I'm in California where it was 107 yesterday so I can't tell you if it still works while wearing gloves LOL

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a 521 and I went to a T-Mobile to see the camera and screen on this phone prior to purchase. I had a Lumia 920, so I know what an amazing screen looks like. I would give the screen an 8 out of 10. It looks good and is bright. It is no 920, but a fraction of the cost. Viewing angles are not an issue. Black and whites are crisp enough. You won't notice a difference unless you are sitting a much more expensive screen directly next to it. I am sure the supersensitive display will work with a screen protector. It worked on my 920, and it works when wearing gloves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit