The Obligatory Lumia 521 Start Screen Thread

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft says you are what you pin. I don't know of that's true or not, but I'm bored and want to see what everyone has on their 521 Start Screen

Mine's kinda packed I guess compared to some. Yet it's miniscule compared to others.

I could not figure out how to stack the images in the post so you'll have to use your power of imagination and go from left to right to see it top to bottom lol

Attachments

• screenshot 1.png
    screenshot 1.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 25
  • screenshot 2.png
    screenshot 2.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 20
  • screenshot 3.png
    screenshot 3.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 20
  • screenshot 4.png
    screenshot 4.png
    239 KB · Views: 19
  • screenshot 5.png
    screenshot 5.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
It's actually supposed to be a robot. It's from a cute little app I ran across called "Pinbits" that has a bunch of abstact type images that you can pin to your screen. You saw the stickman dunking a basketball? Its from that too. It's just a way to add a little fun to what can be some boring app tiles.

The system info is pinned from an app called "Insider"

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The second time I looked at it I thought it maybe a robot. My upbringing is showing, as I grew up on a dairy farm. Thanks for the tip on the app.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah thumbs up on AC DC and Iron Maiden. I have 100 gigs of lossless flac files on my pc that I ripped from CDs that I play with xbmc. I haven't done much with music on the phone because I don't have an sd card or ripped any mp3's from my flac files yet. I have a pair of Bose noise canceling headphones that sound very nice on the 521. Rainy day project.

agentxwp

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey bro, what's that Wifi Shortcuts? Also, you seem to have many tiles and apps there on your homescreen, doesnt that slow down thw device? I have a Lumia 520 too. :)

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The wifi and bluetooth tiles are just shortcuts that save the process of having to go into settings to turn the features on/off. There are many of those types of settings shortcut apps you can get for free from the app store

I have not really noticed any slow downs cause of the number of apps I have pinned. Could be cause most of the the tiles I have pinned are just shortcuts and not live tiles. I don't know. Just the weather, Giant's Tile and System Info are live tiles. So I have not noticed any slow down at all

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft says you are what you pin. I don't know of that's true or not, but I'm bored and want to see what everyone has on their 521 Start Screen

Mine's kinda packed I guess compared to some. Yet it's miniscule compared to others.

I could not figure out how to stack the images in the post so you'll have to use your power of imagination and go from left to right to see it top to bottom lol

First, how to you take a screen cap. Second, where did you get the Capital One tile? Is it just a bookmark you pinned?

Edit: scratch that first question. Figured it out.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130617_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130617_0001.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 15
  • wp_ss_20130617_0002.png
    wp_ss_20130617_0002.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 14

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Does the trial version expire on this app? Also, the basketball tile is HUGE.

I don't know if it has a trial expiration. I went ahead and bought it for a buck. I do know that the trial version doesn't have the full set of pinbits though.

The designs are resizeable as well.

eknocklabs

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Does the trial version expire on this app? Also, the basketball tile is HUGE.

It doesn't expire. It has a few free ones opened up in each pack. I will add more free ones as I add more Pinbits.

And I agree the basketball is huge, should have shrunk it lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes