Do you recommend a screen protector?

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering what experience people are having with this phone, particularly as it does not appear to have Gorilla Glass. How easily does the screen scratch? Should I plan on putting a screen protector on the phone if I don't want scratches, or does it hold up well?

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I never used to think I needed one, but my 920 is scratched up bad. Is the glass completely flat on the 521? If so, it's probably less of a worry, but the curvature of the 920....oh the humanity of scratching.

Kyle Holz

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed any scratches on mine yet. I don't use it as a daily driver phone though. T-mobile has terrible service in my area. So, I mostly use it as a media/game playing device. My only complaint is that it smudges like no other. A quick swipe with my microfiber cloth cleans those off though.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I took my time shopping for a screen protector and go one that is super clear and is polarized. It has two way tab installation - one tab you undo the screen protector's protector and then place it on to the screen and then you use a small spatchula spreader to make sure all the air bubblies are out and then do the second tab and you are done.

Works and looks great. Only paid $4 for it! Sometime Ebay has the best for a good price.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Zagg's invisible shield. Not the HD version, that dents too easily.

Don't care if you have gorilla glass. Warranty covers replacements for life, all it costs you is $5 in shipping (or if you buy enough of the stuff to get into their rewards program like I have, replacements are 100% free).

I see people complain about the texture sometimes, but honestly, the spongy-ness of it will help protect against impact damage (dropping, etc). If you feel that the screen isn't slippery enough, rub your face on it. The material absorbs your body oils and will remain frictionless until something pulls it out (fine sand or dust or grit). Not a lot of people realize this, and when I tell them this, people are usually a little disgusted... but grow up. You can't use a phone and not have some of the oil on your face rub off on it. The only difference is your rubbing it in the shield (which is semi permeable) rather than off.

Amazing stuff, I swear by it. I prefer its texture to glass. And the back portion won't generally come in contact with your oils so it will have a higher friction, which allows you to put your phone down on any surface and you don't have to worry about it sliding off. Get the full body protection, but not maximum coverage, the small bits usually don't stay on very long. It might not last as long as other products, but that's what the replacement warranty is for, and it's worth it. I usually end up replacing mine every 6 months or so- usually something gets under a corner and over time more and more crap will get into that crevice, causing it to slowly lose its adhesiveness further and further up.

When applying it, don't worry if you can't get all the air bubbles out- as I said, it's semi permeable and the gas will evaporate out eventually.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector on my phones in years. I think I'm going to get one for the 521 though. The screen is a smudge magnet and it's difficult to clean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon