Won't detect music on SD Card

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 521 is not detecting any music on the SD card, it has labeled the files as "Other Files." I've formatted the SD Card many times now and re-added the music to the SD card. Connecting the phone to the computer by micro USB doesn't work either. It hangs and doesn't actually sync anything. I've used Windows Explorer and the Windows Phone app (for desktop and the Windows 8/8.1 version) while the phone was connected to my computer. Tried it with different cables and a Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 computer. The only way that actually gets my music onto the micro SD card is by taking the card out of the phone and inserting it into the computer. The SD card is a sandisk 64GB micro Sd card and it was working fine with the music I had on it until I tried inserting it into my Android phone (I like to switch between the two phones). Definitely won't ever try that again.

Edit: I forgot to add that when I attempt to transfer music through micro USB cable connected to a computer and after I unplug it it causes issues with the phone storage section in settings. The phone storage section says loading then crashes and I'm back at the main screen.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Everyone seems to forget that rebooting is standard procedure for any electronic device having problems. I was going to suggest pulling your battery. I wonder if that would have forced a factory reset. Probably not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon