Nokia 620 or the Nokia 720

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Currently my mind is between the Nokia 620 and Nokia 720. I know there is lots of differences, size, cameras etc. But have the following doubt in my mind. Which one of the two is more robust then the other one? If the Nokia 720 is dropped by accident will the screen shattered? Is it that fragile? How does it compared with the Nokia 620 robustness?

There is a few advantages to the 620 for me : Can replace battery if that gets faulty, can replace back covers if it getting dull...hmmm...

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The 720 looks to be the better option, on paper at least. Bigger and better screen and a better camera.
Any phone that is dropped stands a chance of having its screen shatter. It all depends on pot luck at the time of dropping the phone and the angle of impact with the ground.

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
This really depends on you! The lumia 720 has a better screen and a bigger one. However, bigger does not always mean better. If you prefer the bigger screen then go for the 720, if not then go for the 620. The phones are pretty similar except some hardware advantages the lumia 720 has over the 620, especially the camera. It really depends on you. Do not forget the price. I think there is a difference in the price.

DonnaxNL

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I also wanted the 720, but it was over my budget. I only wanted to spend ?300, 720 is ~?350. So. I got the 620 and typing this with.

But I don't know what you can afford.

DonnaxNL

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What is your experience on the 620? DonnaxNL?

I really like it, still missing apps (I came from an iPhone 3GS), but I can deal with it.
First I didn't like the design, but its good enough. It's thick, but I lived 2 years with the same thickness iPhone 3GS.
Removable shells are also nice, going to buy one soon.
You have to look an eye on the storage, I have around 70 apps now (incl. system apps), and 1gb remaining, and my media (photos/music) on a SD card.

If you want more to know, just ask or PM me :p

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I dont have a 720, but i heard the batteyr is pretty good?

620 battery so far for me in the first few days have been pretty below average. Take off charger at 730am and probably will need to charge again around 6 or 7 and that is with babying the phone. Hopefully the battery improves after a few cycles. Same tiem period, my 920 would be at probably 50% and easily last me to midnight. I understand different battery types, but with less features on the phone, i'd assume that would help with the smaller battery, but clearly, it does not. At last note for now.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Regarding battery on the 720: it's my first day with it. I've been using it moderately all morning and it's at 94%! It is going to be more fragile probably, but the camera is very good in low light. I'm ditching my 810 for it.

Last edited:

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have both the 620 and 720. Both are good phones.

Battery life on the 720 is great. Battery life on the 620 is OK, but if you do a lot of web surfing you'll notice the lack of juice.
Both have good screens, but I like the 720 better. It seems to have more contrast. It's also larger, which suits me better. Resolution on both screens is quite low by today's standards, but it doesn't bother me. I find text to be clear enough.
One thing I've noticed is that the 620 gets quite warm with extended use. The 720 seems to run cooler.
Call quality and signal is good on both.
Haven't really used the cameras so can't comment on that.

In general, I'd pick the 720 because I like the slimmer design, but my wife likes the 620 because it smaller and fits in her purse better (which is why she's primarily using it now). As far as build quality and robustness go, they are both built pretty well. If you drop a phone it really is a lottery as to whether it gets damaged of not. The 620 looks like it has more "padding" around the screen, so might fare a little better in a fall, but it really depends on how it lands. In all other respects they are both solidly built phones.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Tha 720 has Gorilla Glass 2 so breaking ur screen "shouldn't" b a concern. Personally I would think about spending a bit more n being happy, which is why I bought a 820 (using 620 now) but if u just hold out a little longer tha latest Lumia range is about 2 b announced!!!

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
If I were you, I would choose the Lumia 720. The 620's battery is not exactly good and indeed it gets warm when I play the phone for 30 minutes or such. Not to mention, that even though the display is a tad sharper (As compared to my recently 820), it's more fragile and viewing angles are not that particularly good.

However, if you can afford more, I would surely recommend the 820. Battery seems good to me (Strangely) and that gorgeous AMOLED screen is also here.
Sharpness (On display) is not up to standard, but at least, it's perfectly clear for me and certainly adequate.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
even tho i have a lumia 620 and love it, i admit the 720 kinda tempted me...then i remember it's just a 620 with bigger screen, better camera and battery lol

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Tha 720 has Gorilla Glass 2 so breaking ur screen "shouldn't" b a concern. Personally I would think about spending a bit more n being happy, which is why I bought a 820 (using 620 now) but if u just hold out a little longer tha latest Lumia range is about 2 b announced!!!
That's a myth about Gorilla Glass I believe,it can withstand minor scratches or a low height drops,but even Gorilla Glass will shatter if you drop it from good height.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a myth about Gorilla Glass I believe,it can withstand minor scratches or a low height drops,but even Gorilla Glass will shatter if you drop it from good height.

Yeah, Gorilla Glass isn't all that special to be honest. I've got it on four phones and all of them have small scratches on the screens.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
my gorilla glass on my 920 has a small scratch, probably quarter of an inch. Not even sure how it got there since i never dropped the phone.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I know any glass is certainly breakable but Gorilla Glass 2? is a bit stronger altho I've heard its very susceptible 2 scratching

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon