Store tile doesn't show updates

MemeMI

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My store tile doesn't show any updates for my app; I mostly have to search manually for the app and then the update is shown in the update section of the store.
It seems that the store just doesn't search for the updates, because it does notice them when you open the app manually.

What should I do?

MemeMI

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay, thanks.
Does the actually look for updates everytime when i connect to the internet or does it have a specific hours of the day when it checks for updates?
And is there a difference if i use cellular data or wifi?

Soyeb Mullick

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Have used so many tricks. But the trick worked for me is,
1. Unpin the Store from start page
2. Clear Internet Explorer history from settings
3. Re-pin the Store
4. Keep your phone with 3G/2G on throughout the NIght.
In the morning You'll see a lit of updates for your apps.
Enjoy

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It usually check for updates every 24 hours, that's why it can take long for an update to show up. It doesn't matter if you use WiFi or cellular since it is only looking for updates once a day. Microsoft has to do something about it, I think it is really annoying :|

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I believe this is more of a regional thing. So it depends on where you are.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My store tile doesn't show any updates for my app; I mostly have to search manually for the app and then the update is shown in the update section of the store.
It seems that the store just doesn't search for the updates, because it does notice them when you open the app manually.

What should I do?

this fixed it for me.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-720/239594-app-updates-notification.html

Go to settings > find my phone and tick ?Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)?. Restart your phone

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings > find my phone and tick “Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)”. Restart your phone

Didn't need to do this myself!

MemeMI

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for all the advises. It seems that the store tile works normaly again, i left my cellular data on for some hours and now i have 2 new updates. It seems the hard restart, which i have done 2 days ago, repaired it or i didn't let the store enough time to update.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for all the advises. It seems that the store tile works normaly again, i left my cellular data on for some hours and now i have 2 new updates. It seems the hard restart, which i have done 2 days ago, repaired it or i didn't let the store enough time to update.

:)

stomms

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
All these fixes seems not permanent, they work only once or twise, and after that no notifications again and if you trying them again, no use...
Last time I've get app updates notifications back by uninstalling Skype and making soft-reset, but 1 day later FB app suggested me to update it, so there were no notifications again, and there were no skype to uninstall to try it again:(...
MS should work out real permanent fix, not this, which is not really a fixes:(
BTW I do not have checkbox in "Find my phone" settings sectiuon for sendidng notifications in my Lumia 620 (bought from Germany sim free), and there is also no checkbox about automatic time and date setting...
I have GDR2 and Amber installed ("Lumia System Updater" app helps to get system apps updates), if you can not get the notifications in store tile...:unhappy::unhappy:

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
One fine week I didn't receive any updates and the next day I received 9.
Some of which WPCentral has reported but the updates only showed a few days later.
Buggy little thing.

stomms

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 620 stopped receiving periodical updates notifications in april, before that it worked like it should, all the updates always were delivered to me. SInce than I was trying to find a fix for this bug, but there were no permanent solution and there is none for now:(...

Vaclav Hrabal

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
The only solution that helped me:
? wifi off, BT off
? Unpin Store tile
? Close all tabs in IE
? Delete history (cache) of IE
? Change the date to 2011
? Delete both checkboxes in the "Find My Phone"
? Hard reset the phone (mute button + turn off button - hold 10s)
? Set time "automatically" and then switches to "manually"
? Once again, change the date to 2011
? Again delete both checkboxes in the "Find My Phone"
? Turn off and turn on the phone
? Again, set time "automatically" and then switches to "manually"
? Tick both checkboxes in the "Find My Phone"
? Pin Store tile - update should occur immediately

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member