Sim Unlock for UK Lumia 625

chrisoldroyd

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know of a reasonably priced service to get this phone SIM unlocked? I bought it on O2 in the UK PAYG and I love the device and would like to use it on my main line but I will need to unlock it.

So far all I can find is mobileunlocked.com but they want ?38.99 to do it, are there any other alternatives?

Thanks
Chris

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know of a reasonably priced service to get this phone SIM unlocked? I bought it on O2 in the UK PAYG and I love the device and would like to use it on my main line but I will need to unlock it.

So far all I can find is mobileunlocked.com but they want ?38.99 to do it, are there any other alternatives?

Thanks
Chris

Hey Chris,
O2 have an official way of doing this!

If you top up at least ?20 on your PAYG phone, and then call O2 Customer Services and ask for your phone to be unlocked to all networks, they will debit ?15 from your credit and they will send you an unlock code to use on other networks!

Hope this helps!

chrisoldroyd

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Ryan but I think that's only after 12 months.

"If you're a Pay & Go customer, your O2 mobile can be unlocked 12 months after purchase for a one-off ?15 fee which we'll deduct from your airtime balance. This policy may vary according to the handset you have purchased."

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Ryan but I think that's only after 12 months.

"If you're a Pay & Go customer, your O2 mobile can be unlocked 12 months after purchase for a one-off ?15 fee which we'll deduct from your airtime balance. This policy may vary according to the handset you have purchased."

I currently own a Windows Phone myself, the Huawei Ascend W1, a handset exclusive to O2.
I purchased 28 April last year! I got my unlock code in January, so you could give it a try, might just work, don't use the online service, always better to speak to a customer service representative! After all, they can't even see when you actually did purchase it!

chrisoldroyd

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Managed to get it unlocked for free, used my friends O2 contract details and filled in an online request to unlock on o2 site. 12 hours later they emailed the unlock code.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes