What do you think of extra tiles on the 620?

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I guess that actually depends from person to person. At first I thought it was too small, but it kinda grew up on me. Now it looks perfect and going to 2 columns again seems like a waste of space and screen estate.
P.s. I changed the layout of my start screen to optimize it. Now the majority of my tiles are either normal or wide sized. There are six small tiles for a "just in case" scenario, six normal tiles for displaying basic info and six wide tiles for frequently used/useful live tile apps.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I guess that actually depends from person to person. At first I thought it was too small, but it kinda grew up on me. Now it looks perfect and going to 2 columns again seems like a waste of space and screen estate.
P.s. I changed the layout of my start screen to optimize it. Now the majority of my tiles are either normal or wide sized. There are six small tiles for a "just in case" scenario, six normal tiles for displaying basic info and six wide tiles for frequently used/useful live tile apps.
But if ur no longer using the small tiles then doesn't that beat the purpose? My top half of the screen is full of small tiles that I want quick access to and replacing them with normal tiles by going for extra tiles option is actually gonna make them eat up more space.
But ur right , it does differ from person to person depending on their layout and preferences.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I still use the small tiles for quick access. It's just that I thought that the normal/wide tiles were too big, even in the 620. Now they look more practical

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
For me, the 620 screen is just too small. I tried it for about half a day, and couldn't stand it any longer. Quickly went back to regular screen. From what I have experienced, I'd say that any phone below 4.5" is really too small for the "extra tiles" setting. IMHO.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
My only problem with 3 columns is that the font is too small. A bit hard to read. And it doesn't look crisp sometimes, eg bing weather with big tile.
But I don't have many apps anyway. Maybe I try again when I have more apps, and maybe the font gets optimized soon...

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
My only problem with 3 columns is that the font is too small. A bit hard to read. And it doesn't look crisp sometimes, eg bing weather with big tile.

But I don't have many apps anyway. Maybe I try again when I have more apps, and maybe the font gets optimized soon...

Try dark backgrounds that will make it little easy for you to read.

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon