What do you think of this Windows 12 concept?

Sean Endicott

Staff member
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm a big fan of being able to move the widgets freely within the panel. I think Microsoft is shooting itself in the foot by trying to make the widgets board a thing for news and ads rather than just letting people access widgets.

Ron-F

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Looks great but seems too classy for a Microsoft designed UI. That said, they are improving with Panos, hopefully they will get there.

Iamdumbguy

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
Run-of-the-mill concept garbage. Make everything transparent? Check. Add tabs to everything; even Settings? Check. Basically make it look like macOS? CHHHHHHEEEEECCCCCKKKKK!

Iamdumbguy

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
I'm a big fan of being able to move the widgets freely within the panel. I think Microsoft is shooting itself in the foot by trying to make the widgets board a thing for news and ads rather than just letting people access widgets.
"News" is a strong word for the absolute bottom of the barrel aggregated crap that fills the feed.

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Windows 11 IS ancient and boring.

The present - and future - is Unix. The whole world runs on Unix today. Unix runs on everything from mainframes to all phones and watches. MacOS is Unix. IOS is Unix. Android is Unix. Linux is Unix.

MS knows this. This is why Windows can now run Linux and Android apps. Even Azure is 70% Linux today.

MS needs to port Win64 to Linux and put Windows out of its misery, into permanent legacy/maintenance mode. Windows 14 (or whatever) needs to be Linux based.

Otherwise, Windows has no future.

Fun fact. In 1986, MS had the largest installed base of UNIX computers on the planet. The Tandy 6000 running MS Xenix. I suppose that Xenix COULD be resurrected and used. But today, MS does not have the power (not to mention developer respect) to make that happen. They would be better off using Linux.

Iamdumbguy

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
Looks like I'll be staying with Windows 10. It seems they are doubling down on Appling their product.
Apple-ing their products would mean actually supporting them. It would mean building and re-building apps with their own frameworks instead of abandoning it all for javascripted garbage.

BINARYGOD

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Apple-ing their products would mean actually supporting them. It would mean building and re-building apps with their own frameworks instead of abandoning it all for javascripted garbage.
lol as if MS doesnt support their stuff, usually long after most other think they should just up and google it

BINARYGOD

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I'll be staying with Windows 10. It seems they are doubling down on Appling their product.
the concept is not from MS, its from some designer with a youtube account

also, I love how anything that looks refined in terms of UI is "appling" even thought nothing official about Windows 10 or 11 is apply like at all, beyond just looking nice.

EDIT - also its funny to me how many windows 10 haters are now swearing by it. WIndows is like Civ games, everyone pretend to hate the new one (like it molested their cat) until the next one comes out.

Iamdumbguy

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
i have the button turned off, but that aggregator is as good as you make it - its default is crap, but so are most aggregators if you dont go in customize.
You can only block sources. If it was only whitelisted sources, then you would be correct. The more sources you block, the worst the fill-ins get. I am in the US and constantly get Indian sources, for example. Blocking these just refreshes the feed with more garbage.

Iamdumbguy

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
lol as if MS doesnt support their stuff, usually long after most other think they should just up and google it
Just because they post support dates? This means nothing. Why do Office apps have so many scaling problems on high resolution displays? This is the kind of support I am talking about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimPulseWeightLoss