Why isn't my default ringtone working anymore?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Default ringtone not working

Hi,

My default ringtone isn't working anymore.
It started on my Lumia 620

When i go to Settings --> Ringtones + sounds --> manage app sounds --> select any app --> change 'notification sound' to 'default'. Default is not playing. All the other ringtones under 'windows phone' or 'nokia' are playing fine.
I tried a soft reset (serveral times) and multiple hard resets. Still no go.

Now i just got a new phone (lumia 720), restored my latest backup and it's still not working.

Does anybody know how to reset the default tone?

Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Default ringtone not working

Hi,

My default ringtone isn't working anymore.
It started on my Lumia 620

When i go to Settings --> Ringtones + sounds --> manage app sounds --> select any app --> change 'notification sound' to 'default'. Default is not playing. All the other ringtones under 'windows phone' or 'nokia' are playing fine.
I tried a soft reset (serveral times) and multiple hard resets. Still no go.

Now i just got a new phone (lumia 720), restored my latest backup and it's still not working.

Does anybody know how to reset the default tone?

Thanks

Welcome to Windows Central.

Were you referring to a particular app with its own default tone (e.g. Viber, Skype - these have a different default tone than the default default tone of Windows Phone 8.1)?

Since you have tried a hard reset and actually tried a different phone but still experienced the same issue, could it be that the issue is not with the default tone?

Jannick007

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

It's not a particular app. I have this with all apps that are listed in 'manage app sounds'-screen.
If i set the notification sound to default, i'm not hearing anything but if i select another sound (eg windows email) it works
I attached an image to make it more clear.

thanks
wp_ss_20150401_0001.png

wp_ss_20150401_0002.png

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

It's not a particular app. I have this with all apps that are listed in 'manage app sounds'-screen.
If i set the notification sound to default, i'm not hearing anything but if i select another sound (eg windows email) it works
I attached an image to make it more clear.

thanks
View attachment 100962

View attachment 100963

Thanks for this info. It's strange. I tested my L535 with my Outlook account and the default ringtone works as expected. We may need to look more into this, especially because it seems to be persistent on multiple phones from your side and a hard reset didn't fix it. As of now, I'm out of cards. Will let you know if I come across something useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes