Lumia 625 update!

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
For new texts or emails? Its already available from the start. Pl elaborate :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
dear
before the update we can set our own ring tone for the phone incoming call like i have the tone good bad and ugly for my incoming calls
but u were not able to set your own downloaded tones for SMS received now after the update ie black update it is possible on the 625 i dont know if this feature is already available for other Models
i hope this is explanatory enough

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
dear
before the update we can set our own ring tone for the phone incoming call like i have the tone good bad and ugly for my incoming calls
but u were not able to set your own downloaded tones for SMS received now after the update ie black update it is possible on the 625 i dont know if this feature is already available for other Models
i hope this is explanatory enough

You seems to be confused with ringtones. It was possible earlier to set your own custom ringtone from mp 3, remember nokia ringtone maker from windows phone store ; but with gdr3 one can now set individual custom ringtone for a contact which was not possible earlier like if my mom calls me I can set a custom ringtone for her no by going into contact and then assign her a new ringtone by editing her contact.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
You seems to be confused with ringtones. It was possible earlier to set your own custom ringtone from mp 3, remember nokia ringtone maker from windows phone store ; but with gdr3 one can now set individual custom ringtone for a contact which was not possible earlier like if my mom calls me I can set a custom ringtone for her no by going into contact and then assign her a new ringtone by editing her contact.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app
dear
i was taking about SMS were not able to set your own downloaded tones for SMS received now after the update ie black update it is possible

HARi_WP

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello champs! I have Nokia Lumia 625 purchased from Qatar! I'm using it in India now! The new "Nokia Black Update" is available in both the Countries but I'm still not able to get the update. Each time I check for the update I get a message that "Your Phone is upto date" Please help me regarding this matter!
Thanks & Regards
Hari!

HARi_WP

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
@DBZo07 thanks alot! but tht is a risk procedure ryt?! I want to update it through phone itself like all others. Same thing had happened with "Nokia Music" also. 😣

Last edited:

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Nope not much level of knowledge is required. Just follow it step by step. May be it will solve all your region errors.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

HARi_WP

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
@DBZo07 I downloaded the Nokia software updater. It is showing update available for my phone, but wen I go on further downloading the firmware its showing the file size to be 1.5GB, but the normal update is oly 180mb. Plz help!

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, its normal. What you are downloading is full framewire. Update is kinda addon to base OS.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

HARi_WP

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
ya! I'm,having Amber update currently! It has to download oly the current black update ryt? Y is this downloading the full OS ? Will this affect my warranty??

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I never heard of failed story about nsu. I cant guarantee though, use on your own risk mate.
Precautions before flashing
Charge your phone well, >70% to be safe.
Keep your phone stable while its updating, there shouldn't be any connection lost while the update process.
I would suggest you to hard reset before you update.
And all the best.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon