what is special about black update ??

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hi
can any one explain what is special about this black update
all i see is
1. duble tap to wake the screen good feature dont need to always use the power button to wake phone good
2. now we can set any tone we want for SMS also good i wanted this
thats all i see new i dont see the glance feature it is not their or if any one can expalin on how to activate it and it is win 8 not 8.1
kindly do educate me on the same

thanks in advance:grin:

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Nokia glance can be downloaded through windows store....nokia black update has support for Nokia camera beta for non pureview lumia phones....and Bluetooth LE(Low energy)....and i guess that's about it..!!
Windows 8.1 is expected later this year :)

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Tapatalk

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Nokia glance can be downloaded through windows store....nokia black update has support for Nokia camera beta for non pureview lumia phones....and Bluetooth LE(Low energy)....and i guess that's about it..!!
Windows 8.1 is expected later this year :)

hi
thanks
can we get the glance for 625 i was told not possible due to some harware limitation

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
You can also close apps within the multitasking view, see when the WiFi or cellular network are uploading/downloading from the status bar icons and actually set custom sounds for the application toasts if the developer added that function to it (6tag and Tweet It! are examples of apps using this new feature).

Apps seem to resume faster but that may be a placebo ;)

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmmm do you have sysapp pusher?? Maybe you can try getting the app from it...I'm not sure though

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmmm do you have sysapp pusher?? Maybe you can try getting the app from it...I'm not sure though

hi what is sysapp pusher? dont seem to have it . it looks like glance is not posible on my phone i dont see the app on the win store

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hmm check in windows store for sys app pusher....it is an app...try from it :)

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hi
guys just FYI im quite new to WM had one long long time back(HTC touch 3G) just got the 625 couple of months back to chek on how WM mobile is so sorry if my questions are elementary but i just dont know much about WM mobile u can consider me a guy coming from Android still do have a glalaxy note 10.1 and a galaxy grand :cool: wife's using the grand now

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Aah!! It's ok no problem :) i think glance won't be available...but let's see for a workaround...I'll get back to you on that :)

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Aah!! It's ok no problem :) i think glance won't be available...but let's see for a workaround...I'll get back to you on that :)

he he i was hyped up about all this talk about this black update now i feel like a balloon bursting:cry: just disappointed it took me a long time to get the update and baam nothing great just my feeling guys no offence intended :eek:rly::smile:

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
he he i was hyped up about all this talk about this black update now i feel like a balloon bursting:cry: just disappointed it took me a long time to get the update and baam nothing great just my feeling guys no offence intended :eek:rly::smile:
Wait for the Windows Blue/windows 8.1 update....heard it is for all wp8 phones let's see :) and I'm really sorry I own a Lumia 920 so I don't really know much about 625

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Wait for the Windows Blue/windows 8.1 update....heard it is for all wp8 phones let's see :) and I'm really sorry I own a Lumia 920 so I don't really know much about 625
hi buddy
u dont need to say sorry to me u were just trying to help and im obliged for the same in fact i need to say thanks to u for patiently answering my questions so thanks for ur kind help

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
glance screen is not supported on Lumia 520521 and 625 due to hardware restrictions, but with new black update you get double tap to wake up feature which was not available on amber update , you get storyteller applications,nokia camera , Bluetooth 4.0(LE),better battery management, under the hood tweaks and bug fixes,
with Microsoft gdr3 update as you said one can set custom ringtones, 'X' button to close apps from app switcher, driving mode, rotation lock, bug fixes.

for the next major update for windows phone aka 8.1/blue ,all rumours like notification centre, voice assistant, file manager, apps on SD card, some UI tweaks (not sure about this one). wp8.1 will be unveiled on //build conference 2014. chances are they will merge windows phone store with windows 8 store.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm fairly indifferent to the features in Black too, but the features in GDR3 that came with it, particularly the app closer, made Black something greatly anticipated for Lumia owners like myself.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a question about Lock rotation(black update) - does it enforce this everywhere? Also in apps, for example: Whatsapp ??