630 or 525? Cores or ram?

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I would say the RAM is more important, based in my android experience i saw that more RAM means better performance for power hungry apps like those Gameloft games. I have the Xperia tablet Z with 2GB of RAM and just made a comparison with a quad core CPU tablet with 1GB and the difference is notable, all the games loads way faster in the Sony tablet and smoother too.

The RAM is also critical in WP devices, phones like the L520 with 512MB can't handle some heavy games and apps for the lack of memory.

My advice is to get the phone with more RAM.

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I think so... Also 630 comes with no camera button, no flash, no frontal camera, no NFC, no capacitive buttons(which means less screen), no super sensitive screen, only 512 of ram... and maybe no ambient light and proximity sensor...
Shame on nokia... delightful seign, but just NO to 630... #JusticeFor620

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think so... Also 630 comes with no camera button, no flash, no frontal camera, no NFC, no capacitive buttons(which means less screen), no super sensitive screen, only 512 of ram... and maybe no ambient light and proximity sensor...
Shame on nokia... delightful seign, but just NO to 630... #JusticeFor620

worth noting the 525 doesn't have a flash, FFC, NFC either. And that the screen is taller than normal so the buttons don't make the screen smaller.

If it were me though, the 525's larger "workspace" (RAM) is probably better than the more cores in the 63x.

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
63x? I don't know what that means... but both phones cost the same... even so, without corilla glass 3 and clearblack... i'd go for 525

Salauddin Ahmed

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I just needs a frnt faced cam (vga) , rear cam flash & 768 mb of ram in dual sim version for better perfomance . 512 ram is too short for wp .

Some sensors like proximity , ambient , compass

quad core 1.2 ghz

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
That benchmark could be because the wp 8.1 may not be a preview.

Either way, go for ram so you don't have to stare at the words "resuming" too often...

It's a shame - of the devices I'd say get the 625 - it is the least compromised, though it does have 512 mb ram.

It's a shame Nokia couldn't pack in 1gb into the 625. That would've been awesome. Real value.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
That benchmark could be because the wp 8.1 may not be a preview.

Either way, go for ram so you don't have to stare at the words "resuming" too often...

It's a shame - of the devices I'd say get the 625 - it is the least compromised, though it does have 512 mb ram.

It's a shame Nokia couldn't pack in 1gb into the 625. That would've been awesome. Real value.

It's running the same version as preview. That's impressive though! That 630 benchmarks a little bit higher than my 1020! Too bad about the 512mb ram though. I think the 630 should've been the 530. Seems like they made way too many compromises on it

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
63x? I don't know what that means...

the "x" is a placeholder when referring to a series for example.

Instead of referring to the 920, 928, 925, "92x" usually refers to all 920-variant phones.

Here, I use "63x" to refer to all 630 phones and variants. (630, 635...)

Another example, people used (back in the day) Palm OS "4.x" when referring to all versions of Palm OS 4, disregarding specific versions like 4.1.

Rafael Sol Maker

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Tough question. It depends if you will use to play games or not.

RAM is needed for some heavy 3D games. Only for that it can really matter. I guess no one will make heavy use of multiple apps at same time to justify the 1GB, so the decision is all about if you want it to gaming or no.

Other than that, just stick to the quad-core, the experience must be better overall. 630 for sure is a nice shot, and it's very attractive here in Brazil with dual-sim and DTV.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I believe you are comparing it wrong... Sorry. The Lumia 630 was designed with dual-SIM purpose in mind and not benchmarks not RAM. So I still have yet to read, watch and hear a true review of this device which is how good is dual-SIM functionality? Not doing games not taking pictures. You are asking a bench player to score 20pts and win the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon