lumia 630 is being slow on me

Deyirn Skysand

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
i dont have lag or stuttering, but my app store app is the one lagging - when im downloading one app and i tap "install" on another, it takes a while before it displays the loading animation and "check progress"

sometimes resuming apps doesnt work and i have to start them over

i tried minion rush and its almost impossible to play it, at some point the game froze, i could only hear the sound and i had to remove my battery to get back on track

i tried to install asphalt 8 airborne and the details in the app store say its a total of ~900mb, on my phone i hav 1.7gb free and on my sd card i have more than 3gb free, ive set my apps to install on the sd card, but when i try to install the game, it tells me i dont have enough space

my phone was the last one in the store and it was originally put on display, so the first thing i did when i got home was to do a factory reset

i have checked for updates and got the latest cyan update
i have installed no more than 20 apps and i dont understand why am i experiencing those issues, please help me out

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
i dont have lag or stuttering, but my app store app is the one lagging - when im downloading one app and i tap "install" on another, it takes a while before it displays the loading animation and "check progress"

sometimes resuming apps doesnt work and i have to start them over

i tried minion rush and its almost impossible to play it, at some point the game froze, i could only hear the sound and i had to remove my battery to get back on track

i tried to install asphalt 8 airborne and the details in the app store say its a total of ~900mb, on my phone i hav 1.7gb free and on my sd card i have more than 3gb free, ive set my apps to install on the sd card, but when i try to install the game, it tells me i dont have enough space

my phone was the last one in the store and it was originally put on display, so the first thing i did when i got home was to do a factory reset

i have checked for updates and got the latest cyan update
i have installed no more than 20 apps and i dont understand why am i experiencing those issues, please help me out

About Asphalt 8, even though it is just 900mb file to download, it need around 2.7GB free space on phone memory i heard. Its just for the installation. After the installation, the file size (in SD card in your case) will be around 1.5GB or so. I haven't installed it yet. But i read it in the forum itself. Just do a little bit search and you will find your answer.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
what about the rest then? it shouldnt be like this at all

Are you by chance using a Kingston SD card? I had the same problems like you describe. Also had apps locking up on resume (or not starting), Skype for example being very laggy/unresponsive while typing or not showing any contacts, tiles not updating or turning blank... Phone rebooting as well.

I changed the Kingston Class 10 SD card with my Samsung Class 10 and everything works smooth. Friend of mine had the same with his HTC 8S - changed his Kingston for another brand SD card and it solved the issues.

Hope this helps you.

Deyirn Skysand

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Are you by chance using a Kingston SD card? I had the same problems like you describe. Also had apps locking up on resume (or not starting), Skype for example being very laggy/unresponsive while typing or not showing any contacts, tiles not updating or turning blank... Phone rebooting as well.

I changed the Kingston Class 10 SD card with my Samsung Class 10 and everything works smooth. Friend of mine had the same with his HTC 8S - changed his Kingston for another brand SD card and it solved the issues.

Hope this helps you.

i thought it was kingston when you mentioned, but its TOSHIBA 4GB

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
i thought it was kingston when you mentioned, but its TOSHIBA 4GB

Sound like an old card. Remember WP8.1 requires at least a class 6 card and I'm not sure what class that Toshiba card is, but pretty sure it is class 4 - which is too slow. Have you tried using the phone withouth SD card? Big chance it solves your problems by getting a newer class 8-10 card of 8 gb > more. They are not so expensive these days :)

Deyirn Skysand

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
yeah, its class 4, i will be getting a new one

and i just tried it without the SD card and so far it seems lightning fast, like a completely different experience, im set on getting a new SD card then

thanks everyone, i think my problem is solved

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes