630 woes..

mutexe

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hiya,
I've had the phone for a week now. Seemed to be all fine and dandy. This morning i bought an SD card for it. After inserting it and switching it back on I am now in the following position.

1. Texting doesn't appear to work. The message I sent do not appear in the conversation thread. I do get a reply that appears at the top when the lock screen is on, but when i go to that contact's thread is has not appeared.
2. Clock keeps reseting itself to 22 May, 3:20am for some reason when i switch the phone on.
3. I was reading on another forum that if i deleted and re-added my google contacts that might force a sync and repopulate text conversation threads. So i deleted my google account from the phone and tried to re-add it, via Settings->email+account->add an account->Google. I then get the screen that says "to add google to your phone, we will take you to Google to authorise Widows phone to access your account. When i tap "Connect", i get a few dots on the screen moving across for a second or so and then it goes back to "to add google to your phone..." screen!

So now i'm in the position where i can't text and have no contacts...

Has anyone else experienced similar? I found this thread:
Nokia Lumia 630 Call Issues - Microsoft Community

and whilst it's not exactly what i'm experience it looks related (and unresolved).

NOTE: i've no idea if this is all due to me inserting an SD card, or just restarting my phone.

Thanks in advance, this is really getting me down.

mutexe

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Soft reset it and then make sure the time and date are correct, set them manually if you have to.

This should allow you to add your Google account and sync.

mutexe

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Setting the time (again) allowed me to add my google account and sync successfully. Thanks for that.
I'll just have to keep my eye on things :( I really don't have much confidence in this phone after this morning :/

Thanks again though mate.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Setting the time (again) allowed me to add my google account and sync successfully. Thanks for that.
I'll just have to keep my eye on things :( I really don't have much confidence in this phone after this morning :/

Thanks again though mate.

Glad you got sorted. Don't worry about it, adding the micro SD card probably just reset something. The time and date needs to be accurate in WP otherwise you can't sync or download from the WP Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre