Help with back up

Andy Chalmers

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I hope you can help me in my quest to back up my daughters Nokia Lumia 630.

I bought her this for her christmas and am keen for her use to be backed up, in particular, her text messaging.

I have set text back up to on in the phones settings. I have already set her up a Microsoft account, so when I go into One Drive it thought I would find everything there.

I can find the contacts have been backed up but not the SMS. Am I doing something wrong ? I have searched around for answers but cannot find what I am looking for hence my post.

It is quite important that I have this facility as she is only 8 and want to monitor her use. I realise that as texts are deleted the will be deleated from the back up as well. The puropse is not to "spy" on her, but to enforce to her that her saftey is very important and she needs to use the phone sensibly and that I can see what she is doing.

Any help would be appreciated

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The SMS is backed up and restored when you enter her live credentials on another WP device, but there is no way to view the messages online at this time. They are kept for the purpose of restoring a backup only.

You could always get another cheap WP device and sign in with her credentials. SMS messages will sync between the two almost instantly.

Andy Chalmers

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Ah, ok. so I have misunderstood the back up option ? I thought it would have backed up the data to cloud or one drive and stored there with a view option. Looks like I will have to move to plan b then. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes