is lumia denim chargeable in warranty period ?

rogersmart

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday, I went to nokia service center to update my Nokia Lumia 630 from cyan to denim. The service center guys ask me to pay for the denim update. My phone is still in its warranty period. I want to know from you guys that Lumia Denim is really payable in any country. Please reply soon. Thanks....

rogersmart

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for immediate reply. Yes you are right, but I thought it is already in a warranty period, so they can do it better. But this is really shocking for me.

Praj

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't think they can charge you if your mobile is in warranty...
It is their responsibility to provide free service when device is in warranty.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
But if there's nothing wrong with the phone then installing updated software wouldn't (probably - depends on local consumer laws etc) be covered by warranty.

rogersmart

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Thats what I am saying, when my device is in warranty, why they are charging me? If I just want to update my phone, its their responsibilty to do it when it is in warranty period. Should I complain about them in consumer forum or talk to their owner ? Thanks for the replies........

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think they can charge you if your mobile is in warranty...
It is their responsibility to provide free service when device is in warranty.

If that is true could I then also bring my phone there if the screen is dirty and then they have to clean it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Warranty is coverage against defective hardware.

It does not entitle you to free repairs in the event the damage was your fault, it is not limitless. It does not entitle you to say, free support (although its the norm) or free breakfast, etc.

Upgrade your phone yourself, you can set it going in literally seconds.

The poor guy is probably charging for his time. Dont bother the guy and just DIY. No, he cant "do it better." its just an OS upgrade, not a screen replacement!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk