Lumia Denim on Nokia Lumia 635 is Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That's because I haven't activated an insider branch XD!
I need to find the time to backup my SD card first before getting Denim then the preview. Sorry :p

Oh don't worry, if nobody steps forward before I do ill be sure to make you eat those words buddy. :)

I'll save you the trouble. This is the step after I got 8.1.1, but before 10:

WP_20150214small.png

It says Denim in "extras + info", because it now has Windows Phone 8.1 Update on it, but the firmware is still the same version number as Cyan.

Just trust me, OK?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Well something was changed if not just Cyan to Denim in name. I know for a fact I could not create folders on the home screen when it said Cyan, but now they can be made with Denim. So it's not "just a bug with it saying Denim". Features did change too.

That was added with Windows Phone 8.1 Update, which is the OS version you get in the interim when you use the Windows Insider app, before it does the second update to Windows 10.

This is the same version of the OS that has been available since late last summer through the Preview for Developers program.

If your phone has this version of the OS on your phone, the "extras + info" screen will say the phone has "Denim" no matter what the firmware version the phone has. It will not have any different functionality than any stock 635 with Preview for Developers installed on it.

tpbklake

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that are still on the Preview for Developers 8.1.1 please try this. Open the Preview for Developers app and make sure the checkbox is checked. Then go to the Extras+Info and it should report Cyan. Now go back to PfD app and uncheck the checkbox and then check Extras+Info and the screen will show Demin.

if you have run the Windows Insider app and installed Windows 10, try the same thing. If the checkbox in PfD is checked, Extras+Info will show Cyan for USA models and if you uncheck the checkbox in PfD Extras+Info will actually be blank.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed checking the boxes make it bounce from Cyan to Denim.

I wish AT&T would release the actual updated denim firmware, I want the equalizer..

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well something was changed if not just Cyan to Denim in name. I know for a fact I could not create folders on the home screen when it said Cyan, but now they can be made with Denim. So it's not "just a bug with it saying Denim". Features did change too.

I have live folder on my 920, 1020

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
How can i get denim using insider app please? All I have is slow or fast builds?
Good luck. I hadn't fired up my backup 635 for months. When I did to try the WP10 beta, DP imediately installed Denim. Then when I installed the WP10 beta, it reverted back to CYAN (see below)! :(

16350846230_78546f74cf_o.png

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Good luck. I hadn't fired up my backup 635 for months. When I did to try the WP10 beta, DP imediately installed Denim. Then when I installed the WP10 beta, it reverted back to CYAN (see below)! :(

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7310/16350846230_78546f74cf_o.png

That is literally just the names. Microsoft calls anything that has Windows Phone 8.1 Update software on it "Denim", even though the firmware versions never changed.

Be assured, you have never had Denim firmware on that phone. See my screenshot above.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
LOL. Please, take a screenshot of Lumia Camera 5 on the 635 and show us. Can't wait!

Power + volume up to take a screenshot. That should settle this once and for all, if the fact that you have no updated firmware version doesn't.

Instead, Why don't you get a 635, and do it yourself. This is Denim. I'm not going to post on a thread all day.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Instead, Why don't you get a 635, and do it yourself. This is Denim. I'm not going to post on a thread all day.

I have. I did. You saw my screenshot from the "about" screen earlier.
Here is my screenshot from Lumia Camera on it:

wp_ss_20150215_0001.jpg

As anyone can see, that is the same old Camera app (Lumia Camera for Denim looks like this): LUMIA-Camera-5-920x510.png

Please, stop the misinformation. Your 635 does not have different firmware than any other does, and you do not have a new Lumia Camera for Denim app on it. You're only going to have people reset and reinstall stuff for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes