Everything on the internal storage randomly deleted :(

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I was trying to manually install Bloons tower defense Bloons Tower Defense | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) So I downloaded the game and mounted my phone to the computer. I was getting some writing and mounting errors when trying to copy the game and all of a sudden everyting in the phone's internal storage deleted execpt for the stock folders it came with. I was able to get the xap file onto the phone but when i try to install it it says Unsupported apps and games and the game is grayed out and doesn't allow me to install it. plz help.
Is there anyway to get my music and other things back on the phone and why the heck did it do that???? Is the XAP file some kind of malware? I am kind of worried it will randomly start deleting system files and brick the entire device :( Kind of suprised i have barely had this thing for a month and someting is already failing.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
You must've been doing something crazy because there shouldn't be any mounting anything dude. Just open file explorer then drag and drop and wait for it to copy over. Whatever you did was totally the wrong way todo it and likely broke the phone.

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
You must've been doing something crazy because there shouldn't be any mounting anything dude. Just open file explorer then drag and drop and wait for it to copy over. Whatever you did was totally the wrong way todo it and likely broke the phone.

Nothing crazy i just connected the usb to the phone then to the computer. I have to mount the phone storage so i can access it just like any other storage i can think of. The computer automounts it anyway. I opened it up and copied it over and started getting a bunch of errors. This is how i have done it the last times on the lumia and with my andriod and even a flipphone and have never had this issue. I was able to put the music back on it from my computer and everything seems ok and the phone works fine right now

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Nothing crazy i just connected the usb to the phone then to the computer. I have to mount the phone storage so i can access it just like any other storage i can think of. The computer automounts it anyway. I opened it up and copied it over and started getting a bunch of errors. This is how i have done it the last times on the lumia and with my andriod and even a flipphone and have never had this issue. I was able to put the music back on it from my computer and everything seems ok and the phone works fine right now

I only ever get issues with my SD cards. Like one card after copying my files over would say that I had 62 GB of images when I only had roughly 2gb of total files on it. Then it corrupted and deleted my files in minutes till it was seemingly empty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes