06-04-2016 03:44 PM
103 123 ...
tools
    I got the Denim update on my AT&T Lumia 635 with GDR 2. Did anyone else get this update?
    06-09-2015 01:55 PM
    I have not yet heard of any AT&T L635 customers here in the US getting those updates. I did, however, debrand my AT&T Lumia 635 on Saturday, checked for updates, and updated to Denim. (Flashed the ROM). I also followed the [Guide] Installing WP 8.1 Update 2 on Lumia instructions and got the GDR2 update. Loving every bit of it.

Question is, did you get the update normally? Or did you use the Guide and flash your device to get it? If it came out normal just 3 days after I went to the trouble, I might actually grind my teeth.
    Laura Knotek and Dave47 like this.
    06-09-2015 03:52 PM
    Sorry for the rash input but what they did Is bad. Make a long story short att rom is watching you. If it says lte even when your not on lte call att
    06-09-2015 04:02 PM
    I just checked ATT's software update site for the 635 and found --- no updates are currently available for your device. Doesn't explain what happened to Arturo8450's 635 though, which can be seen as a ray of hope.
    Arturo8450 likes this.
    06-09-2015 04:05 PM
    Interesting that someone with 2 635s in another thread here claims to have gotten the Denim update request on one of the phones but not on the other. Unfortunately, no mention of country or carrier.
    06-10-2015 10:00 AM
    I got the update the normal way, I don't know how to flash the ROM. What else is interesting is that Windows Central app isn't loading anymore
    Last edited by Arturo8450; 06-10-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    06-10-2015 06:56 PM
    I just checked ATT's software update site for the 635 and found --- no updates are currently available for your device. Doesn't explain what happened to Arturo8450's 635 though, which can be seen as a ray of hope.
    I've been searching on the AT&T site. Where is the software update stuff? Can you provide a link?

EDIT: Nevermind... just found this:
    Microsoft Support for Lumia 635 Update Status

It shows that AT&T has begun the roll-out for Denim for the L635 here in the US. Just 3 days after I did it by removing the AT&T Branding from my phone. That figures. And from the OS version shown on that support page, it's for GDR2 with Denim. Very cool. That's what I spent the weekend flashing the ROM to do.

I'd suggest everyone on AT&T with a Lumia 635 to check for updates. Denim and GDR2 are WELL WORTH the upgrade!

I did find the AT&T Support page, though, and it says no updates are available, so not sure who is right here. Since Arturo got it, I'm leaning toward Microsoft's page on this. Can someone else with an AT&T Lumia confirm please? Probably a rolling update by region in the US, so it may take a few days to be available nation-wide.

EDIT: AT&T Support page now shows it began roll-out on June 9, 2015. Took them a bit to get it updated is all. Nice.
    Last edited by rhapdog; 06-11-2015 at 06:51 PM.
    06-10-2015 08:19 PM
    The update is out on Navifirm so anytime now. OS version is 8.10.15137.148 and firmware version 02173.00000.15154.50010_084

I got the Denim update on my AT&T Lumia 635 with GDR 2. Did anyone else get this update?
    Did you get reset protection?
    06-10-2015 08:19 PM
    I'd like to know if Reset Protection comes with that official release as well.

In the meantime, I tipped WC in case they want to run a story on the AT&T Lumia 635 getting Denim with GDR2 at long last. Perhaps now AT&T will start updating other devices as well with this. Then again, perhaps they felt the 635 would need it to make it ready for the W10 upgrade later. I don't know.
    06-10-2015 10:02 PM
    Reset protection as i know is only present on the 640 and 640 XL, currently.
    06-10-2015 10:54 PM

In the meantime, I tipped WC in case they want to run a story on the AT&T Lumia 635 getting Denim with GDR2 at long last. Perhaps now AT&T will start updating other devices as well with this. Then again, perhaps they felt the 635 would need it to make it ready for the W10 upgrade later. I don't know.
    Not seeing the update on my L635 yet. Didn't they say Reset Protection required new hardware?
    06-10-2015 10:57 PM

Not seeing any new updates yet on my PfD AT&T Lumia 635.
    06-10-2015 10:59 PM
    Well unless someone updates it (or flashes the firmware) no one knows about the reset protection feature being enabled.
    06-10-2015 11:06 PM
    Not seeing any new updates yet on my PfD AT&T Lumia 635.
    Nothing here either.
    PfD is off, phone did see one Insider update in the past.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2015 11:39 PM
    Will I see the update on W10 Mobile or not? (Or do I already have it?!?!?��)
    06-11-2015 07:59 AM
    Reset protection does require new hardware to my understanding. It requires a specific new set of SOCs that has the feature available in the UEFI BIOS. Not sure if the SOC for the L635 has that or not, but Reset Protection is not available on mine.

As far as some (or many) not yet seeing the update, I'm beginning to wonder if AT&T was sending out to a small sample as a test market before final roll-out. Microsoft is showing it available for AT&T for distribution, which means AT&T must have agreed to distribute OTA. We have at least one user receiving it here on the forums, and I've found someone (a family member) who lives about an hour from me that has also been notified of the update, but has not yet installed it. She wants to wait until I'm over there for a visit this coming weekend in case there is a problem with the update, so I'll find out more about this "update" she has waiting then. She's got the AT&T L635.

Usually carriers do a gradual roll-out to keep from overloading their servers. They don't want to send it all out at once, so it gets staggered to different regions a little at a time, and sometimes can take a while.

That's my understanding of all this at least. Take it all with a grain of salt. If you're not getting it and really, really want it, there are ways to get it.
    06-11-2015 09:39 AM
    Rhapdog: Did you tip WC that it has started rolling out? You should have mentioned it's on Navifirm only and a wide rollout might not have started. Unfortunately Harish should have done some homework before posting the article...now there is more confusion :-/

Surprisingly surur from WMPowerUser wanted me to send him a screen shot as proof before posting it..lol
    06-11-2015 09:47 AM
    Will I see the update on W10 Mobile or not? (Or do I already have it?!?!?��)
    No you won't. You'll have to restore to 8.1 and then update.
    06-11-2015 09:55 AM
    Rhapdog: Did you tip WC that it has started rolling out? You should have mentioned it's on Navifirm only and a wide rollout might not have started. Unfortunately Harish should have done some homework before posting the article...now there is more confusion :-/

Surprisingly surur from WMPowerUser wanted me to send him a screen shot as proof before posting it..lol
    Yeah, I sent a tip with the Microsoft support link, and stated that AT&T support site not yet showing it, but that one user in this thread (and I linked this thread) reported as having received it.

Got to be in the works for roll-out.
    Dave47 likes this.
    06-11-2015 10:12 AM
    I think it's making a Gradual rollout as well, I think it's going by regions at a time, I think people that have AT&T 635 where I live (Las Vegas, NV) got the update. If you guys got it can you tell us which city/ state you got it from.
    Dave47 likes this.
    06-11-2015 10:32 AM
    For the unwashed, what's Navifirm that's mentioned north of here?
    Last edited by Dave47; 06-11-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    stefanorickeets likes this.
    06-11-2015 10:38 AM
    For the unwashed, what's Navifirm that's mentioned north of here?
    It's a tool that lets you browse the Nokia Care (or whatever it's called) servers and see what firmwares are available.
    NAVIFIRM is the ultimate all-purpose tool for downloading Nokia firmware images, obtaining lists of product codes, and finding the right product code for your phone. NAVIFIRM downloads all this straight from Nokia's servers so you don't have to wait for people to post data packages and lists of product codes.
    Symbian Toys - Software NaviFirm+ to dowload the firmware of your Symbian smartphone
    06-11-2015 11:48 AM
    It's a tool that lets you browse the Nokia Care (or whatever it's called) servers and see what firmwares are available.
    Symbian Toys - Software NaviFirm+ to dowload the firmware of your Symbian smartphone

Just wanted to add this disclaimer to those who were asking what Navifirm is; this tool is only for advanced users / users who know what they are doing and are aware of the risks.

If you flash the incorrect rom you will destroy the phones cellular radio (and probably more than that), as there are many variant models of a phone (designated with a specific number in the form of RM-XXXX) sold in specific regions thus the firmware only has support for the bands used those regions.

As a rule of thumb, you should flash the Country Variant (CV) ROM which supports your phone - this will also debrand your phone - [Meaning No Carrier splash screen]. The easiest way to check is by going to Microsoft.com, search for your phone and chances are your region will be shown at the bottom of the website Or alternatively you can check the about section on your phone.

However it will also mean, once the update rolls out for the Country of the ROM you flashed only then you will get the update and NOT when your carrier releases it (the sim you're using or the ROM the phone was previously running before the flash).

Furthermore ROM flashing does not sim unlock your phone.

So best double check you are flashing the correct firmware for your specific phone and use the USB cable supplied with the phone as that is factory cable.
    06-11-2015 12:14 PM
    Arturo, Did you get the equalizer?
    06-11-2015 05:41 PM
    ATT's update support page for the 635 now shows the update began being delivered on June 9, 2015, with Denim and GDR2, WITH Reset Protection!

@Jack Neill, yeah, the equalizer comes with this update as well. Nice to have. It has the equalizer and virtual surround for earbuds, which really improves the sound quality. Loving it.

Okay, the way I cheated and got the GDR2, I didn't get the Reset Protection. Perhaps I need to roll back, re-brand to AT&T, and get this. Then again, I don't foresee needing the reset protection feature. Then again, no one ever does until it's too late.
    MicrosoftNorthstar likes this.
    06-11-2015 06:43 PM
103 123 ...