Lumia 635 - Why does my music cut out intermittently as I walk?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 635 - Music cuts out intermittently as i walk.

As I walk to college, the xbox music keeps cutting out. Headphones all check out. It works fine unless I am walking. Is this caused by a setting or a fault?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 635 - Music cuts out intermittently as i walk.

This looks to me as either of these issues.

1) your motion core or any apps using it might be interfering with the music playback (i highly doubt this though). Check to see if disabling motion sensor helps

2) something might be wrong with your headphone connectivity. In normal conditions if music is playing via the headphone and the headphone is disconnected then the music pauses. I'm guessing the headphone is being loosely fit inside the slot causing a slight jerk to disconnect.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 635 - Music cuts out intermittently as i walk.

I was thinking perhaps the CD is scratched and it's skipping, but then I realized these things don't play CDs.

I think pankaj's #2 is the most likely culprit. However, I'd like to add a 3rd option for consideration.

3. If you're streaming the music from Xbox Music, and the music is stored on the cloud, it could also be a connectivity issue. If that is the case, try downloading the music for local playback during your walk to the school.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon