Hello! .....Help?

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
*Update- seems that data is working now it is just the "Nextgen Reader" app that does not see the connection. Anyone know a good alternative? Trying out Wonder Reader now.

Hello all,

I just picked a new Lumia 710 from Rogers and have it unlocked. I am running on Bell with a simple from them and I have called to be sure I am on the right plan but I cannot get the. Wireless data working.

Wifi works great but when just on the bell network I have no connection. I did make sure that the cell data is enabled in settings. I have powered off and back on after having my data plan updated by bell. Still no go.

Oddly txt msgs work fine.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I expect I am just missing a setting somewhere.

Thanks for any help!

Take care,
Xalasten

I have tried to enter the following too from the forums.

APN: pda.bell.ca
Proxy server: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port: 80

With no improvement.

Thx again

Last edited:

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It may have to do with your APN. Try contacting Bell for their data APN. Have them text it to you.

Did you also try Changing the network setup from Rogers to Bell using Nokia's Network Setup app?

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
It may have to do with your APN. Try contacting Bell for their data APN. Have them text it to you.

Did you also try Changing the network setup from Rogers to Bell using Nokia's Network Setup app?
Thanks for the reply. Where would I find the Nokia network app?

reeneebob

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I work for bell and also run an iPhone on a BB data plan (and an unlocked Rogers Lumia as well and it works great - they will pry this 6gb plan from my cold dead hands lol) so I can provide that for you. The apn is pda.bell.ca and leave all other fields blank. I know it's been a while since you posted but it should be working. Now, I don't know your plan do if you have a mobile browser plan and not a smartphone plan that may be interfering.

Saves you a call.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3