Best Essential Accesories for Nokia Lumia 720 & Essential apps

regme

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
1. Screen guard - Scratch/General protection
1.1 In process of acquiring Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 720 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

2. Memory Card (trying to make it 72 GB to go with 720 :excited:)
2.1 Acquiring SanDisk Ultra microSDHC and microSDXCUHS-I Memory Card by SanDisk

3.Hard case?premium case
Need a Hard case designed for Nokia Lumia.
No candidates yet. Need advice for possible quality casing with drop protection which can be put over Skinomi Skin.

4. Essential Apps
1. Need a call blocking manager, i know its been discussed a lot and we can just rely on MS or nokia to provide
2. Best application to Sync Contacts from Nokia Lumia 720 and windows 8 desktop. ?
3. Encryption/ Secure MicroSD to protect Photos and Media App which i can get?

- Best will be with Stealth settings/ Hidden Volume / User Deniability like TrueCrypt

5. Nokia Care
Possible charges to extent warranty, i.e amount for out model?

Basically Aim is to Secure Nokia Lumia 720 investment.

Enjoy this beautiful phone guys. keep it safe. :smile:

P.S.
My Nokia lumia colour is Cyan,

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your ideas. However, i'm not ok with the screenprotector. On the screen there is the proven Gorillaglass 2.0, which is more or less scratch-free, and besides that, a screenprotector erases some of your supersensitifity.. Nokia enigneers struggled to make a good screen, and we put a screenprotector (plastic piece of chinese junk) on it? No thank you :)

regme

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your ideas. However, i'm not ok with the screenprotector. On the screen there is the proven Gorillaglass 2.0, which is more or less scratch-free, and besides that, a screenprotector erases some of your supersensitifity.. Nokia enigneers struggled to make a good screen, and we put a screenprotector (plastic piece of chinese junk) on it? No thank you :)
1.Hi i thought Skinomi is from USA CA.
Skinomi.com
2188 Pomona Blvd. Bldg. J
Pomona, CA 91768-3332

2.I am aware of Nokia lumia 920 and screen guard claims, but are we certain we have "same" situation for Lumia 720?
Anyways delighted to get your response.

:smile:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
As for syncing contacts, I've added all my contacts on my Gtalk (was on an android previously) now all my contacts are pulled by live account, so you could link your phone and tablet to the live account, it can pull up all contacts with ease.

As for scratch guard/screen protector, even the shop I purchased the phone from is advising against it. I know its a gorilla glass 2, but I prefer keeping it covered with a good shield rather than regretting. I know its very resistant to scratching, and I don't share my pocket with keys or anything like that, but you can never predict the future, better safe than sorry. WIll opt for a good quality scratch guard rather than a cheap knock off.

Ebay.com had plenty of soft covers which imo look good, since you have a cyan phone, go for a transparent tpu case until you find the hard case, else you could buy the wireless charging shell for 20 pounds and use it as a hard cover (maybe?)

Call blocking manager - Install "True Caller" (I haven't tested it, worked flawlessly on android)

Essential App - "Whatsapp", some lenses for the camera.

Encryption - Not sure, can't help you here :)

regme

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
@montsa007
Dude In mumbai where to get extended warranty, what will be price and will it be same throughout our First year.
P.S. gotit from flipkart

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Lol, not sure got mine on saturday only.
I'll ask the shop guy from whom I purchased as he is a very good friend of mine.

You may,
-Visit a Nokia Gallery (Nokia Priority, they only keep Nokia's and nothing else) hard to find tho :p
-Chat/email/call their helplines on their websites

shog7n

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It is from CA, but if you look at any of their example photo of Lumia with their product on, the Lumia is using Simplified Chinese.
Doesn't mean anything of the quality through, it could be either.
Interesting of their name and the Japanese Samurai Helmet icon which suggest a Japanese company.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes