Issues Regarding Amber Update for Lumia 720

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I just got the update. Yes, it's kinda late here in the Philippines. However, I found several issues after installing the Amber Update on my Lumia 720:
- I don't have SmartCam. I can't download it either on the store I can't find it.
- The new wallpapers can't be chosen, the settings app has bugs that don't change the wallpaper occasionally.
- No flip to silence

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
- I don't have SmartCam. I can't download it either on the store I can't find it.
Smart Cam is only included if you update via NSU. Smart Cam is to be discontinued soon, that's why its not available in the store. If you still want it, use proxy trick to install it.

- The new wallpapers can't be chosen, the settings app has bugs that don't change the wallpaper occasionally.
I don't understand what are you trying to say here.

- No flip to silence
Go to Settings->audio->enhancements->flip to silence

vampirevaz

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have enabled Flip to silence but is not working for me. Should we just flip the phone and touch it with something.. Also glance screen has a mind of its own. :( any ideas?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Glance screen has 3 settings:
Peek: Glance screen is activated when hand is hovered over device. Turns off in 1 min to save power.
Interval:Remains on for 15 mins. Turns off if placed upside down or kept in pocket etc.
Always On: Self explanatory.

Note: When charging, Peek and Interval works as Always on. When in battery saver mode (below 20% charge) Always on and Interval works as Peek mode.

vampirevaz

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks bros.. and battery seems to be draining a tad faster since the update, any tips on that (instead of the regular settings wifi/data/location off thing)?

AdamBale

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
The second thing You mentioned is occurring with my 720 as well. When I choose a new background from the list, it drops back to the settings, and nothing happens. But if I choose an old one, it works just fine...It seems like a bug...
The flip to silence thing I didn't try yet, so I can't say anything about it.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
The second thing You mentioned is occurring with my 720 as well. When I choose a new background from the list, it drops back to the settings, and nothing happens. But if I choose an old one, it works just fine...It seems like a bug...
The flip to silence thing I didn't try yet, so I can't say anything about it.

I set that as bing and it updates every 24 hrs. Tried to change and was able to do so without any issues.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks bros.. and battery seems to be draining a tad faster since the update, any tips on that (instead of the regular settings wifi/data/location off thing)?

I guess there's not much you can do about it.

Pre amber my phone used to last 2 days. These days its come down to 1 day.

Usage:
Location, Wifi, Mobile Data always on. NFC off. Bluetooth on during daily commute of abt 1.5hrs
Emails update every half hrs.
Background apps : Whatsapp, weather, insider
2.5 hrs of music
2hrs of gaming
1hr whatsapp.
0.5 hrs browsing.

That coupled with the fact that I have less than a GB left in my internal storage, there's not much you can extract from the 2000mAh battery in the phone.

Considering the fact that with such heavy usage it lasts a whole day I've no complains if the battery lasts only a day as opposed to 2 days. Nokia is aware of the increased battery usage and will probably come out with a fix in the next updated expected late in the year.

Apart from that try to optimise your phone usage is only what I can suggest. And the phone gets charged in ~2hrs so that shouldn't be an issue.

mics_kiss18

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
guys, 3G post amber is no longer working. I can not set my lumia 720 to stay on 3G signal. Anybody having the same issue? Please let me know of any workaround.

mics_kiss18

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Please help, post amber I can no longer set my phone signal to 3G, it stays on EDGE forever which makes it useless. Any work around?

mics_kiss18

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
oh, my I can t wait for the next update which probably will be next year! need help now! please if you know of a fix let me know thanks!

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
my fone is dead now after updating from Amber..

Please be more specific when posting anything. A little more details would help. Simply posting would make people think that the Amber update is "Bad" which is not the case. I've been using Amber since it was available in NSU nearly a month ago and I didn't face any major issues to complain about.

Pritesh Bishi

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

when my lumia 720 lock for few minutes and got a call then i can not able to receive call and touch screen unresponsive. this is happening almost time after amber update.

Please suggest me a solution for this.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb