01-22-2014 03:31 PM
32 12
tools
    I just got the update. Yes, it's kinda late here in the Philippines. However, I found several issues after installing the Amber Update on my Lumia 720:
    - I don't have SmartCam. I can't download it either on the store I can't find it.
    - The new wallpapers can't be chosen, the settings app has bugs that don't change the wallpaper occasionally.
    - No flip to silence
    10-01-2013 11:29 AM
    - I don't have SmartCam. I can't download it either on the store I can't find it.
    Smart Cam is only included if you update via NSU. Smart Cam is to be discontinued soon, that's why its not available in the store. If you still want it, use proxy trick to install it.

- The new wallpapers can't be chosen, the settings app has bugs that don't change the wallpaper occasionally.
    I don't understand what are you trying to say here.

- No flip to silence
    Go to Settings->audio->enhancements->flip to silence
    10-01-2013 11:39 AM
    I have enabled Flip to silence but is not working for me. Should we just flip the phone and touch it with something.. Also glance screen has a mind of its own. :( any ideas?
    10-02-2013 12:57 AM
    Should we just flip the phone and touch it with something..
    Just flip it upside down when its ringing.
    vampirevaz likes this.
    10-02-2013 01:04 AM
    Glance screen has 3 settings:
    Peek: Glance screen is activated when hand is hovered over device. Turns off in 1 min to save power.
    Interval:Remains on for 15 mins. Turns off if placed upside down or kept in pocket etc.
    Always On: Self explanatory.

Note: When charging, Peek and Interval works as Always on. When in battery saver mode (below 20% charge) Always on and Interval works as Peek mode.
    alv3st3r, vampirevaz and broar94 like this.
    10-02-2013 02:31 AM
    Just flip it upside down when its ringing.
    pressing volume button to mute it is easier lol :)
    vampirevaz likes this.
    10-02-2013 02:53 AM
    pressing volume button to mute it is easier lol :)
    Locking phone also works.
    Gaurav Paul likes this.
    10-02-2013 04:15 AM
    Thanks bros.. and battery seems to be draining a tad faster since the update, any tips on that (instead of the regular settings wifi/data/location off thing)?
    10-02-2013 08:30 AM
    The second thing You mentioned is occurring with my 720 as well. When I choose a new background from the list, it drops back to the settings, and nothing happens. But if I choose an old one, it works just fine...It seems like a bug...
    The flip to silence thing I didn't try yet, so I can't say anything about it.
    Valiant Lumia 720 likes this.
    10-02-2013 08:47 AM
    The second thing You mentioned is occurring with my 720 as well. When I choose a new background from the list, it drops back to the settings, and nothing happens. But if I choose an old one, it works just fine...It seems like a bug...
    The flip to silence thing I didn't try yet, so I can't say anything about it.
    I set that as bing and it updates every 24 hrs. Tried to change and was able to do so without any issues.
    10-02-2013 09:54 AM
    Thanks bros.. and battery seems to be draining a tad faster since the update, any tips on that (instead of the regular settings wifi/data/location off thing)?
    I guess there's not much you can do about it.

Pre amber my phone used to last 2 days. These days its come down to 1 day.

Usage:
    Location, Wifi, Mobile Data always on. NFC off. Bluetooth on during daily commute of abt 1.5hrs
    Emails update every half hrs.
    Background apps : Whatsapp, weather, insider
    2.5 hrs of music
    2hrs of gaming
    1hr whatsapp.
    0.5 hrs browsing.

That coupled with the fact that I have less than a GB left in my internal storage, there's not much you can extract from the 2000mAh battery in the phone.

Considering the fact that with such heavy usage it lasts a whole day I've no complains if the battery lasts only a day as opposed to 2 days. Nokia is aware of the increased battery usage and will probably come out with a fix in the next updated expected late in the year.

Apart from that try to optimise your phone usage is only what I can suggest. And the phone gets charged in ~2hrs so that shouldn't be an issue.
    vampirevaz likes this.
    10-02-2013 10:05 AM
    guys, 3G post amber is no longer working. I can not set my lumia 720 to stay on 3G signal. Anybody having the same issue? Please let me know of any workaround.
    10-02-2013 10:58 AM
    Please help, post amber I can no longer set my phone signal to 3G, it stays on EDGE forever which makes it useless. Any work around?
    10-02-2013 11:00 AM
    Tx Gaurav,hope the next release fixes it and releases soon.
    Gaurav Paul likes this.
    10-02-2013 12:00 PM
    oh, my I can t wait for the next update which probably will be next year! need help now! please if you know of a fix let me know thanks!
    10-02-2013 12:25 PM
    It sucks that the stock camera's menu loads slowly.

the volume bug has not been resolved.
    10-02-2013 12:36 PM
    my fone is dead now after updating from Amber..
    10-03-2013 10:26 AM
    That's very informative! Are you asking for suggestions on how to fix the issue? If so a few more details would help.
    10-03-2013 07:16 PM
    Please be more specific when posting anything. A little more details would help. Simply posting would make people think that the Amber update is "Bad" which is not the case. I've been using Amber since it was available in NSU nearly a month ago and I didn't face any major issues to complain about.
    10-04-2013 01:29 AM
    Hello,

when my lumia 720 lock for few minutes and got a call then i can not able to receive call and touch screen unresponsive. this is happening almost time after amber update.

Please suggest me a solution for this.

Thanks.
    10-04-2013 01:34 AM
    I faced this a couple of times. A workaround is when you face the issue, just lock the screen and unlock it again by pressing the power button. The screen should start working normally again
    10-04-2013 03:01 AM
    I faced this a couple of times. A workaround is when you face the issue, just lock the screen and unlock it again by pressing the power button. The screen should start working normally again
    i tried that but no luck..
    10-04-2013 11:28 AM
    Try a soft reset
    10-04-2013 11:58 AM
    even i am having the same problem. i have not yet updated my phone to the amber version.
    i have experienced it quite often
    10-05-2013 06:37 AM
    Hi guys,
    I got the Amber Update for my 720 last night. It's a nice little update, except the camera seems to perform worse. The images always seems to be washed out and more blurry. in low light it takes (much) brighter photos, but also a lot noisier and blurry. And the images always seems to have an awful green colour tint. I'm a bit annoyed right now :smileysad:. Anyone else experience this on their lumia?

nokia care have also no solution of my problem ..i am sending the picture before and after wp_20130928_007.jpgbefore-amber.jpg
    10-18-2013 08:59 AM
32 12