Nokia Lumia 720 to be phased out??

demonsdead

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking to buy Lumia 720 given its specs are within my budget. The retailer gave me a major setback by saying that production of Lumia 720 has been shelved and Nokia is currently phasing it out. This was further substantiated by the fact that a few shops around my area did not have Lumia 720 as well.
This seems a bit strange to me since Nokia continues to roll out updates for it and will receive Black update soon.

It would be very helpful if anyone can clear this confusion.

Thanks

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 720 is NOT getting phased out. It will also be upgrade-able to WP 8.1. Admitted that 512 MB RAM is a limitation for some games and apps. But its otherwise a good phone. Its replacement hasn't been announced yet. So it'll be sometime before it gets phased out.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
we would likely hear rumblings about a successor a while before the 720 is completely phased out.

but it could just be your region, I do know the 820 is no longer carried in the United States. (T-Mo 810 and ATT 820 has been EOL'ed, didn't the VZW 822 just follow suit?)
but it doesnt mean 820's are going bye bye just yet

nokia6300

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking to buy Lumia 720 given its specs are within my budget. The retailer gave me a major setback by saying that production of Lumia 720 has been shelved and Nokia is currently phasing it out. This was further substantiated by the fact that a few shops around my area did not have Lumia 720 as well.
This seems a bit strange to me since Nokia continues to roll out updates for it and will receive Black update soon.

It would be very helpful if anyone can clear this confusion.

Thanks

did the sales rep say it because he has no 720's in stock and tried to sell you something he has in stock? there's no way the 720 is being phased out it's been out for less than a year (April 2013). i don't know the life cycle for nokia cell phones but it's certainly not under a year. and even if it is being discontinued don't worry you will have support from microsoft and nokia.

i just got mine and i'm very satisfied with it. the build quality is superb!

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I heard the same thing from a Vodafone sales rep in Berlin last week. Also it's quite difficult to find the 720 to buy nowadays (at least in Germany). Amazon, Media Markt, Saturn, Cyberport... out of stock.

But yeah, who knows...

demonsdead

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help.
Recently heard about Lumia 725, though rumors only. Many sites are carrying all the specifications as if the phone is in the pipeline just waiting to be released, while others are just extending from the 525 and 625 series. If it comes within a month, I think it would be a safer bet to wait for it.
Any concrete proof?

asemi

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Mobile World Congress, the same event in which L720 was first introduced last year, will take place next month. I think we're probably see new Lumia though not necessarily a 720 successor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes