Nokia Lumia 720 worth it?

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello , I'm new to these forum so sorry if I posted at the wrong place . I live in pakistan , the land of terrorism. And I currently own a okia ashe 501 , I want to upgrade to the lumia 720 and wanted to know a few things about it from the ones ho are using it also as it will be my first ever windows phone I'm a noobie about this stuff ,
As I have read that most of the apps don't run on 512 mb of ram is this true?
I'm a hardcore music fan and I taje tons of photographs mainly macro shots if someone can post a few picture of macro shots taken from the lumia 720 id be happy
Please tell me a overall review of the phone and will it be future proof for the next 1-2 years thanks.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

titoyees

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
L720 lack of Ram. 1GB of RAM is really better than just 512MB. There is a lot of games and apps than will not run (even you can not download)
But this phone is really beautiful, fast and great pictures can takes on its camera.

I prefferd to buy a Nokia Lumia 822, is a Verizon phone but it has an unlock GSM by default on all phones. So you dont have to worry about unlock code or something like that. The camera is awesome and it has NFC and Qi. The screen is really good. The body of this phone is maybe not beautiful but it doesnt matter when you use it. It comes with 1GB of ram too.

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
L720 lack of Ram. 1GB of RAM is really better than just 512MB. There is a lot of games and apps than will not run (even you can not download)
But this phone is really beautiful, fast and great pictures can takes on its camera.

I prefferd to buy a Nokia Lumia 822, is a Verizon phone but it has an unlock GSM by default on all phones. So you dont have to worry about unlock code or something like that. The camera is awesome and it has NFC and Qi. The screen is really good. The body of this phone is maybe not beautiful but it doesnt matter when you use it. It comes with 1GB of ram too.

Yah you see there is a problem as I mentioned on my thread I'm from pakistan not USA I have to get what is available here . Also can I root the mobile for more RAM?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
there is no rooting nor hardware upgrade by urself for a windows phone.
just me sure, r u a games freak? if yes, then go for 1 GB RAM. otherwise 512 is definitely enough. with wp os, 512 ram does not spoil performance.
u just check out, 720 is one of the most satisfactory phone out of all, and definitely worth it's price.
u will rarely find an unhappy customer for 720.

Maximusgeneralis

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
I have been using the Lumia 720 since last year September. It is a great phone with the best build and shape among the Lumia series.
As per the RAM and your love for heavy gaming, it is a deal btreaker; you might want to consider one of the high end lumias. Camera is nice and generally adequate but you might require a phone with continuous autofocus for your macroshot requirements as it also lacks the Pureview technology of the high end lumias.
As per future proof efficiency, you are better off going for an 820 if your budget allows it. The Lumia 720 lacks 4G-LTE.
Hope this helps.

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
As a heavy gamer I don't actually like games with realistic graphics on a mobile so that will not be a issue also as 4G LTE costs freaking too much so that will not be a problem but the 820 does not have a front camera though

Also would the 720 have windows 8.1?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
As a heavy gamer I don't actually like games with realistic graphics on a mobile so that will not be a issue also as 4G LTE costs freaking too much so that will not be a problem but the 820 does not have a front camera though

Also would the 720 have windows 8.1?

yes it will have. update is already listed as waiting for approval and i am using dev preview since launch of the preview.

as u do not play heavy games which requires 1 GB RAM, 720 is definitely best choice u can go for.

meet0007

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello , I'm new to these forum so sorry if I posted at the wrong place . I live in pakistan , the land of terrorism. And I currently own a okia ashe 501 , I want to upgrade to the lumia 720 and wanted to know a few things about it from the ones ho are using it also as it will be my first ever windows phone I'm a noobie about this stuff ,
As I have read that most of the apps don't run on 512 mb of ram is this true?
I'm a hardcore music fan and I taje tons of photographs mainly macro shots if someone can post a few picture of macro shots taken from the lumia 720 id be happy
Please tell me a overall review of the phone and will it be future proof for the next 1-2 years thanks.

I prefer 1320.

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
yes it will have. update is already listed as waiting for approval and i am using dev preview since launch of the preview.

as u do not play heavy games which requires 1 GB RAM, 720 is definitely best choice u can go for.

Thanks Bud will soon get a Lumia 720 :3

veved

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
720 is the best smartphone that I've had especially terms of battery and camera. I had Lumia 620 before but I updated to 720 because of those two. And am very happy right now

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Guys today I went to the market and checked that I can get a used lumia 920 in my budget so should I get a used 920 or a new 720 ?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
But does the L920 have the same features as the L720?

This URL should take care of the feature comparison. Enjoy:

Nokia Lumia 720 vs Nokia Lumia 920 - Phone specs comparison

With the exception of an older GPU and microSD slot support, the 920 is better in pretty much every respect. It is a slightly older and slightly heavier phone but the pros are much superior to the cons.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But does the L920 have the same features as the L720?

It is superior in every aspect for the most part.

However, it is larger, has less battery life (higher powered, same battery) and weighs more.
But I don't think that will stop most people. It's no 1520/Note 3.

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Guys your not getting the point , I know that the 920 is faar better than the 720 but would buying a 2nd hand be a good choice ? Also I will be using the mobile for 1-2 years so will it keep getting updates in the future ?

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
You just have to know what to look for when buying a second hand phone. As long as the phone is working 100% then its fine and yes, it will get updates. My 720 have WP8.1 Developer preview installed and about to get cyan, just under testing right now.

Twisted Fate

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Is 720 still good choice these days? Im currently using Huawei G300 and Im looking for a new phone, 720 costs 280 dollars in my country..

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

BB10fanatic

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I was looking forward to the 720, really interested in next gen model. NFC, Qi, 4G, FFC, waterproof, 1MB, good battery...is that too much to ask for in one phone, any operating system really.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes