Lumia 730 - phone hangs while dialing a number when phone restores from low network coverage

Flower Singh

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

i am the first person who bought lumia 730 in my city. Phone looks awesome. performance is so good.

I have one problem which is frustrating me like any thing.

Problem:
When phone restores from low network coverage or data connectivity changes from 2G to 3G. Phone is getting hang like anything.

In detail:

when network connectivity restores from low coverage or some times either one sim lost its network coverage. network coverage is showing as full but when i dial a number there is no sound and it displays as dialing, i have waited for 5 min and more but still displays as dialing. when i tried to end the call the same thing happening and it displays as ending. the phone hangs there and is dead hang

to dial a number i need to restart the phone. after restarting the phone it works fine. i am doing 4 to 5 time per day.

For troubleshooting i have done below steps.

1.swapped the Sims between 1 and 2.
2. Tried using the phone in one sim.
3. Purchased new micro sim.
4. disabled the sim swapping settings.
5. kept the data connectivity from 3G to 2 G.
5. Reset the phone.

when i have contacted authorized nokia care, they have no solution for this. when i asked to re-install the windows or denim update. they have no data. they have asked for a video for this problem and i have captured it and need to submit to nokia.

windows phone lovers - if you have any other solution. please update or if you have same problem join with me.

thank you.

naveengarg2006

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I am also having the same problem....and also there are no incoming calls too.....need to restart... and then after 1-2 hours network went missing....no calling and only a frozen Lumia 730....how can Nokia and Microsoft can make such a silly mistake...not even tested the network and calling....a basic feature....
Any solution guys???? Im planning to return it with a a refund...if there is no solution

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Weird! I do not use two sim cards, but never faced this issue. Did you update Network+ app? Not sure, if you are running the latest version of this app which is 2.3.1.10 [updated on 9th October].

KRUTTIBAS SETHI

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem in my 4 days old L730. phone hangs while ending a call which does not goes out. please any body have solution to this. I have done hard reset once still having the same problem.is it a defective piece ,do I need to change the hand set for new one

Rupasree

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Today I have a choice to get replacement or refund because of Screen flickering issue..
In my current L730 I haven't tried with both sims.. so dont know I this problem is present in all devices..!!

I want L730 and cant wait for few more days to buy the next set of mobiles that wil be released after correcting these issues..!!

Can I know this problem is software issue? (which can b solved in future updates) ?
And do everyone have this problem,, when using in dual sim ??

PS:I thought to have this device as such and get resolved in s/w updated..
Since I have reported them regarding this issue...they want my device for their R&D .. glad they are providing quick replacement & so agreed ,,, ... :)
n yes even that device may have screen flickering issues !! :|

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I got my 730 2 days back and I have this same issue!

Everything works fine except network. when I stay in home(staying in same place) its normal. When I travel 2 kilometers or even less distance the network hangs!! the sim settings in network+ goes disabled (cannot change). Both sims network signals locks in to same bars and they stay same despite signal fluctuations.

Both sims goes "switched off" for anyone calling. When I try to call someone, the call starts and I cannot end, it just keep saying "ending call"!!
Everything goes normal only after restarting!! This is annoying and im sad :(
I love this lumia but im unlucky... Can anybody help me??

RDS R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
hey guys is this issue solved or it still exits, I'm worried now to buy this cell.. please update if any other problems related to call.

Flower Singh

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
i don't think this will be resolved as of now. but can try the latest network + update and extras+info update.

Also not all the phone has same issue i believe.
Now i have handover this phone to retailer for replacement. let me try with newly replaced phone and update you all after two days.

thank you.

Flower Singh

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi Supporters

I have got phone replaced by retailer. the new device is working fine without any issues.

solution 1: try the latest network + update and extras+info update.
Solution 2: replace the phone with new one.

MuthuWinVoice

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I bought two 730 Dark grey on 31st Oct. on the same day I experienced this freezing while dialing issue twice. I got this atleast 3 to 4 times a day since then in one handset. Other one is working just fine. I tried all the suggestions but nothing worked. Since I had a 7 days replacement gaurantee from the retailer, I had given the divice for replacement on 6th and waiting to here from them.

Karmjit Singh

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi lumia users,

i bought lumia 730 on 1st november. i'm also facing same problem. i'm unable to call and no call ends when phone in low network coverage area. I'll do all the things what possible but problem still going on? it so frustrating, i have done all the updates in phone
i restart my phone 5-6 time in a day................ please give me solution.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxerBoeler