is the vzw 735 worth it?

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
i have a moto x 2014 now, like it, except the camera. i have had an array of devices, so i'm not brand loyal. i can get the 735 from vzw on contract right now, which is tempting because i wanted the icon but missed that boat. however, for those who went from android to wp8, how was your transition? i have had a focus s before on wp7, liked it, but it was still early in the wp adoption and it was lacking a lot. i am not an app *****, mainly just use facebook, instagram and the core apps on my x now. i do use my phone as my primary camera because i'm always doing things with my kids. reviews either love or hate the 735 camera.

so, will it be worth the switch?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I switched from Android to WP about 2.5 years ago. Mostly because I'm not a huge fan of Google. I would consider getting another Android if WP doesn't pan out in the long run. All I did was create an Outlook.com account and forward my Gmail to it while I got everything moved over. It wasn't too hard.

I think the 735 is a pretty good option considering the cost. For a sub-two hundred dollar phone it has wireless charging, sd card support, a removable battery, pretty good battery life and a decent camera. I'm not a power user so my viewpoints may not reflect what a heavy user may have to say.

I also think the phone is a good size as I don't care for enormous phones no matter what the specs. I'm happy with mine so far.

One word of caution though. When I got my first 735 it would not connect to anything Bluetooth. I tried hard resetting it and that didn't fix it. I went back to the Verizon store and exchanged it ensuring it would connect to the hands free in the car before I left. I only mention this because a buddy of mine retired his 822 and picked up a 735 and had similar issues. As far as I know he hasn't exchanged his yet but it seems more than a coincidence, although there doesn't seem to be a widespread issue.

Last edited:

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, it's nice phone. Good battery life, good screen, everything is good, I can't say that there are bad things on this phone.
Camera isn't magnificient, but it can't be often hit and miss and lack of details is a fact. Only thing about camera that I don't like is auto mode, often photos are washed out, often I need to adjust settings by myself and then I can get some very,very good photos.
Othervise it is very good phone, and I don't think I'll change mine any soon, new white cover is on the way. Except if I find good deal on 830, hmm...

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
The Lumia 735 is a mid-range phone. The price is right at under $200 full retail, and Lumia quality is always high. On the downside, going from Android or iOS to WP means some apps are missing. Before making the switch, decide how invested you are in your current platform. What apps are "must have" for you?

In the U.S. a lot of banking apps are not available on WP. If that's not a big deal for you, great! Just make a list of what apps you use now on a daily basis and check out the Windows Phone App Store online to see what you're getting into. I've used a couple WP devices and loved them, but ended up back with an iPhone for two main reasons:
1. Apps I need daily are not available.
2. The rest of my family uses iPhones.
But if/when Verizon gets a new flagship WP device I'll take a long hard look at it.

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
well, i already picked it up. it's not bad. it's not great. it's decent and interesting. there's nothing that i'm "missing", but there are a few things that i'm scratching my head on why microsoft hasn't been able to over come in the last few years, like a tolerable facebook app, music playback resume and internet exploder. from 7, to 8, to 8.1 MS hasn't been able to get over these trivial hurdles, i mean, even ios got copy/paste and 3g after 2 major OS updates.

windows phone, you either love to hate it, or hate to love it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes