What kind of damage is this? - Lumia 730

virajk2000

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
imgurDOTcom/LrSUokv (Please replace "DOT" with ".")

What kind of screen damage is this, and what should be replaced ? I am planning to buy the replacement part online and fix it myself. Im unsure as to what needs to be replaced. It seems as though the upper Gorilla Glass or something might be damaged.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Looks like the screen itself (not the glass covering the screen) has been damaged. At any rate, even if it was only the glass that was damaged, you will need to replace the entire screen assembly - makes no difference.

But taking note of the large damage at the lower left side of the phone, it looks like that you may need to repair more than just the screen. Other internal parts of the phone may also have been damaged - they may not appear now, but they may appear sooner or later.

You may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread.

virajk2000

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok, posting from my account now. I thought so, it looks like the screen itself is damaged. Any keywords to look for in Google to buy the required component.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I haven't done a DIY replacement of an electronic device myself (vintage pocket watches, yes - but not electronics), so I won't make a suggestion on which sites you may visit for that purpose. I could, however, in general advise you to be mindful of the price of the part you will be ordering. Good screens cost around half the original price of the phone, if not even more - so high that some users just end up buying a new phone instead of having the screen replaced. So if you find a screen with a price tag too-good-to-be-true, think twice about getting that item. A lot of users have reported buying this or that replacement part but then end up complaining, "now my screen won't detect my finger", "auto-brightness won't work" or "why are there ghost fingers touching my screen!?!?"... not worth the bargain.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It looks like the glue has come un adhered between the screen and the LCD, except that I don't know if these are actually glued together on this model. If it's like the 920, it's not. If it's like every other Lumia, then it is. The former can be a glass only repair, the latter requires full assembly.

Will require more research.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
It looks like the screen took a huge impact and will begin cracking itself when you open up the whole phone. Its better to check at Microsoft Care.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
It's not worth it to mess around with a screen repair yourself. In addition to the risk of taking the phone apart, most of the screens found on eBay are knockoffs (poor quality, no clearblack filter etc), and the original display would cost a bit. Better to sell it off for parts and get a new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon