Lumia 800 on Orange UK

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having to work this morning, TheWeeBear - so wont be picking it up until 5pm from the Kilmarnock Orange shop (not sure why I decided to go there rather than the closer Irvine store)

This day is going to drag in! :(
Scuse me, its 6.23 PM where are you ? we're all worried sick SJamG. :)

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello all!

I am typing this on my new Lumia 800...its pretty damn sweet!

Just one thing though:

When scrolling in Mango, and you hold your finger down on the screen ad if to pause to read something and the screen jitters up and down rapidly....quite annoying. Does anyone else get thi using Mango?

Thanks and apart from this...im over the moon with my new phone...so far!:)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No jitters here SJamG, but not exactly 100% sure what you mean. In apps or the browser ?

Never seen anything jittery like you describe so far here.

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
When I am in a list, such as list of apps, text etc and I scroll really really slowly, it kind of stutters up and down, its really strange!

Hope this makes it clear.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh no that's not right, it's buttery smooth here scrolling at any speed. Can't think what's causing that.

Unless your keeping your finger on it, that will cause it to continually sense your finger touch.

I just give it a little flick and let it scroll itself. Small flick for a slow scroll, and a biggie for top to bottom in 1 sec flat LOL

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am holding my finger on the screen. Need to get into the habit of scrolling then lifting my finger. In iOS, I could hold my finger on the screen or scroll really really slowly and it would still scroll smoothly - WP7 doesn't do this....just one of the changes I will have go make.

Cheers for the clarification though!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes it must just be that SJamG, I'm sure you'll get used to it. Hopefully anyway.

I tried keeping my finger on while scrolling and it's non smooth.

Funny how we scroll differently. :)

You pleased with the 800 ? It looks really high quality with that square case.

If only they had made a bigger one pour moi! :(

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Really really pleased with it...its a stunning piece of hardware, everything loads so fast!! Just chilling now trying to download my must have apps.

In short, Nokia Lumia 800 and WP7.5 are AMAZING!!!!!

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Really really pleased with it...its a stunning piece of hardware, everything loads so fast!! Just chilling now trying to download my must have apps.

In short, Nokia Lumia 800 and WP7.5 are AMAZING!!!!!

Can I ask about the screen - I was playing with one in carphone warehouse, and the 'sawtooth mesh' effect on text and edges of the live tiles from the pentile pixel matrix seemed really obvious to me - is it noticeable on your device?

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed it on mine but it simply doesn't matter.

The Blacks on this phone are the deepest I've seen on a handset so it really sets the display off.

I'm really glad I made the switch from iPhone, it's taking a bit of getting my head around witht he social updates and it was a bit of a laugh getting my numbers on there out of windows contacts but it's all definitely worth it. It's like they took what was in my head about how is most natural to interact with a phone on a social level and put it inside this very sexy little phone.

Very impressed so far, if anyone hasn't got one, get one!

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask about the screen - I was playing with one in carphone warehouse, and the 'sawtooth mesh' effect on text and edges of the live tiles from the pentile pixel matrix seemed really obvious to me - is it noticeable on your device?

I can't notice anything like that on my screen, i'm hoping someone doesn't point this out to me as it will probably annoy me... :)

Very impressed so far, if anyone hasn't got one, get one!

i second that!

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I would hold my finger down on the screen and move the text really slowly and I have never had this issue. I have seen on occasioins sensitivity problems that could cause the jitters when it thinks you are repeatedly tapping the phone (it would sort of zoom in then out quickly).

The only jitters I get on my phone and this is rare probably happened twice is with scrolling the live tiles. This always looks like the cpu is busy and will go away and never be seen again. Otherwise in every other respect the response is silky smooth.

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The only juddering of the screen I've seen when scrolling slowly have been ones coming from my shaky hands. It's very sensitive, moreso than the iPhone I just came from so often find myself scrolling a bit quickly.

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how things tend to go stock wise with Orange?

Just got back from holiday and trying to bag a L800 with Orange .. all three Orange stores in Birmingham have sold out!

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It's been our biggest ever pre-ordered Nokia and is selling out stocks on a daily basis. Your best bet would be to ring up and get it over the phone, or if you're new to Orange order it online.

I think the Xbox deal has had a big effect as well, I'm waiting for mine to come :)

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Managed to get hold of one today!

Store rep (Orange store) said that on launch day they only got four! He confirmed that stock sold to each store is limited at launch so phones seem to 'sell out' when in fact there was never that many to sell in the first place.

He did say however that the Lumia 800 has been selling very well, and that plenty of pre-orders had come in for the handset.

Seems Nokia are doing well with this handset launch-wise, despite some handsets being afflicted with a few issues. Hopefully they will get sorted out.

Will report back on how I get on with mine once I've had a proper chance to give it some use!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck