Lumia 800 bundle

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
First, the unecessary details:

I've been very happy with my Focus S, but being the phone geek I am, had the Lumia 900 in my plans for the second week in April when my upgade from AT&T is available. Yes, I payed full price for my Titan (since sold on ebay) and my Focus S. Like I said, phone geek.

Anyway, I've also really been wanting an over the ear (or on ear) set of headphones with a fully functional controller. That is, volume, changing tracks, etc. Well, on Tuesday my Focus S disappeared. The find my phone gave it's last location as near restaraunt close by my house that I ate at on Tuesday. Follow up investigation has revealed nothing.

To make an already long story short, I took all those factors into consideration and purchased the Lumia 800 bundle from MS's website on Thursday night. It's here, so if anyone has any questions about it, please ask. If anyone wants to call me an absurd impulse buyer, they can do that as well.

Last edited:

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Jmerrey, I did nearly the same thing. Mine came in the mail yesterday. So far, I find the Play360 to be the outstanding hit of the kit aside from the 800 itself.

The Luna seems ok, but not spectacular.
The Purity HD's are for me a total disappointment so far, nothing is nearly as crisp as from my Skullcandy/ROC Aviators. I'm hoping they just need some more burn in timebut it's not looking good so far. How are you finding them? to me the bright side is I can use the cable with my Aviators, so not all is lost yet.

I had a vodaphone 800 that i returned when this kit was released and was surprised not to have Nokia Music anymore...not necessarily disappointed, but surprised.

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
so far i haven't taken the play360 or the bt headphones out of their boxes. I agree on the purity hd's, they sound decent but not great. I'm very happy to have the cable though. The 800 is really stunning. I've had the focus, focus s, and the titan, and as to build quality those phones aren't even close. Honestly, I would love to see microsoft employ nokia exclusively for wp7.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I got the Focus S on contract for $200 bought the Titan for full price sold the Focus S for $200 then bought the DVP for full price then traded my Titan for a Lumia 800. Did I mention that I had a Arrive and HD7S before that. We should start a phone geek club.... Wait! Isn't that what we are doing here on these forums...;)

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
huh the Purity HD isn't comparing favorable to Skullcandys?? The in-ear Purity headset (different than the one included in the bundle) has smoked every other headphone I've tried so far...

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I know, I'm still hoping they'll cleanup with a few more hours, but skullcandy's aviators are seriously not bad. The purity HD's sound blown out so far, cymbals are indistinct, anything in the middle range blurs into anything near it. I'm going to reach out to Monster because I really don't want to believe these are what they're supposed to sound like.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I still have a titan I wish I could trade for a lumia 800, no takers on craigslist yet though! Lol. When it comes to being a phone geek I probably beat everyone out here. Just as far as windows phones go I've had the HD7 twice, the trophy, the arrive, the titan, and the radar. I've had a huge slew of android phones, every single iPhone, and a few blackberry's. It's a problem, lol. But, I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the 800 bundle but I'm holding out hope that it'll come unbundled soon as I really don't need headphones, a bluetooth headset and a play 360.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
After furthur listening, and leaving them playing overnight to try and get them burned in, my opinion is that the Purity HD's aren't very good at all. I won't be using them. Plus, they seem to fit a bit loose. Keep in mind that I'm no audiophile. I prefer the Beats to almost anything I've heard. I prefer a big, lively sound. My dad is an audiophile and he thinks the Beats sound awful, so there you go ;)

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Nokia

Yeah, I'm going to try getting Monster to do something, they are not good.

Ok, contact Nokia (who provides the warranty)...basically I have to pay to ship them to Texas, wait a week for them to turn it around, and they'll send a replacment pair.

I'll post up how the second pair turn out and the rest. Irritating to pay to fix their poor-product, but worth it to see how well Nokia will cover their stuff. I'm used to dealing with Apple, so my expectations are already high.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes