It says "This App Is Not Available for your phone", why?

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

my husband has a lumia 920 and I got a Lumia 800. He sends me some Apps that he has on his phone and when i try to download them it says "This app is not available for your phone". Well, I know it could simply mean that the App is not compatible with my phone but could it also be that the market place/region I have selected for my phone is actually limiting me to have access to some certain apps in app store?

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
That app is US-only (if I look for it in the UK or Aus stores it tells me it's not available in that region's store).

This is exactly what I am trying to find out that how I can go ahead making US apps available to my phone. Like I said, I changed language and region to English and USA but still no luck. I want apps which I search for to be looked up in the US app store.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well that's strange. I just changed my store to Germany and searched for Free Dictionary. The app was not listed.

I switched it back to United States, searched, and there it was and I was able to install it.
Have you tried another app?

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Well that's strange. I just changed my store to Germany and searched for Free Dictionary. The app was not listed.

I switched it back to United States, searched, and there it was and I was able to install it.
Have you tried another app?

So its not only me with Germany selected as region and not being able to find it :) I will switch it back to USA and will see if I can find and INSTALL it . Thanks for putting yourself in my shoes :))

Sonnyck

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Any results? I don't know what you guys actually changed but I can't seem to make it happen... At all. So is it because of the region settings or is it because it's linked to the windows Live ID??? My ID is from Canada, my phone is from Belgium, I live in Belgium, all my settings were in English... No luck. Apps like "Spotify" or "KBC banking app" just show me "! This app is not available for your phone. Tap here for more info"... But I know for sure they ARE apps for my Nokia Lumia 800 (with the latest update). So in settings, what do I need to change actually? Region format (I tried usually on English US, now on Dutch Belgium), System locale (English US) or something else... Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon