Should I go DIY?

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello there!
I have a Nokia Lumia 800 whose polycarbonate back has been scratched a lot (and believe me, scratches on such beautiful phone suck). I have been wanting to get the back replaced with possibly a different colour (cyan). I stumbled across some such back shells on Ebay which would probably serve my purpose. So my question is, is it easy enough to replace the polycarbonate shell on the 800 that I may as well do it myself, or should i take it to a service centre if they can help me with this?

PS. Here is the cyan shell :Light Blue Genuine Nokia Lumia 800 Battery Cover Back Case Replacement Tools | eBay Also, any comments on the quality and genuinity of such products?

Thanks!

EDIT: Alright I saw a few teardown videos on youtube and think that the process is too complicated for me to do at home. So finally can someone tell me if the Nokia Service Centres help me with replacing the back shell? Thanks!

Last edited:

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
God i never knew about these! They look so cool! A few questions though. What material are they of? How thick are they? Have you tried cases like these?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
God i never knew about these! They look so cool! A few questions though. What material are they of? How thick are they? Have you tried cases like these?

I'm glad I was able to help.
Have I used them - Nope, I'm not really funky about phones, I like them simple :), am 24and don't like to portray myself as a funky/sporty guy, because these cases can create a lot of attention and assumptions about you, I hope you get my point?
Material - Plastic maybe?, check their description (Checked for you - plastic)
Thick - Should not be more than 2-3mm thick in my opinion, you may want to check the description though

Also visit the sellers shop on those ebay links, he has like a million to offer, don't run behind me if you like multiple of them and are not able to make up your mind for 1 because of so many choices.

Shop link for 1 of them - https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...bal%3F_trksid%3Dp2047675.l2563&token=WKkz9BHH

Now that I gave you an idea, you can hunt down for what you want :)

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot man :)
So from replacing the complete back shell we went to buying some funky covers. Wow, that's awesome! :D
I liked many of the covers. Especially the camera one.
I just hope that it doesn't add a lot of thickness. I hope 2-3mm is fine.

Thank you very much once again :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot man :)
So from replacing the complete back shell we went to buying some funky covers. Wow, that's awesome! :D
I liked many of the covers. Especially the camera one.
I just hope that it doesn't add a lot of thickness. I hope 2-3mm is fine.

Thank you very much once again :)

No problem here are a few more to add to your list :D, I only picked the best of the best

HEAD CASE ZOOM POINT AND SHOOT DESIGN PROTECTIVE BACK CASE FOR NOKIA LUMIA 800 | eBay

HEAD CASE COLOURFUL CLOUDS WATERCOLOUR HARD BACK CASE COVER FOR NOKIA LUMIA 800 | eBay

HEAD CASE PIANO KEYS DESIGN PROTECTIVE HARD BACK CASE COVER FOR NOKIA LUMIA 800 | eBay

HEAD CASE TURQUOISE RETRO PHONE DESIGN HARD BACK CASE COVER FOR NOKIA LUMIA 800 | eBay

A different one here - Custom Printed Personalised Nokia Lumia 800 by Smartprintshop

HEAD CASE HCD PINEAPPLE SODA CASE CAN DESIGN BACK CASE COVER FOR NOKIA LUMIA 800 | eBay

HEAD CASE GREEN POINT AND SHOOT DESIGN PROTECTIVE BACK CASE FOR NOKIA LUMIA 800 | eBay

View them all - iPhone 5c Cases, Smartphones items in Ecell Global store on eBay!

These all ship from UK, not US, might wanna take note of that :)

Thank you for contacting wpcentral,
You had a conversation with the most awesome chat rep 'montsa007'
I hope I was able to solve your issue, meh seems I did hehe.
Whatever you buy, share it on the thread, show me a picture as well.

And there are many things that you don't know that exist, like these
My Artwork

My Homework

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon