64GB microSDXC confirmed

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. It must suck to see other devices doing the job right. Did you try resetting the device? Or formatting the card both in the phone and a card reader? Perhaps formatting on Windows and Linux? Or different filesystems?
:

Like I said, I've tried everything. Reset, formatting card, different computers.

Nothing works

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
UHH guys... my apologies as this has nothing to do with having a 64gb mcsd but I currently have a 16gb class 4 and when i try to save photos on my SD that option is greyed-out... = / wth?...

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
UHH guys... my apologies as this has nothing to do with having a 64gb mcsd but I currently have a 16gb class 4 and when i try to save photos on my SD that option is greyed-out... = / wth?...

Maybe because it's class 4. Try something that is class 10.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I keep saying, look for a UHS 1 microSD card.

That is, look for a card that puts the UHS rating before the Class rating. I'm using a microSD card that was labeled "USH 1/Class 6" and it works better than a card that was labeled "Class 10/UHS 1". Even though, Class 10 has the same same through-put as UHS I.

I've also recently found out that there are different host controller chips for SD cards. A host controller chip that was made for "Class" rated cards is different than a host controller chip made for "UHS" rated cards. Neither controller chip handles the other rated SD cards very well, but are compatible with each other. I believe that Microsoft or Nokia spec'ed out that WP uses UHS host controller chips, which is newer and is capable of higher speeds and storage space with UHS II specifications.

Which is why I think most people are having issues with microSD cards. Primary "Class" rated cards are EVERYWHERE, where-as primary "UHS" rated cards are a bit harder to find. But they are out there.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I keep saying, look for a UHS 1 microSD card.

That is, look for a card that puts the UHS rating before the Class rating. I'm using a microSD card that was labeled "USH 1/Class 6" and it works better than a card that was labeled "Class 10/UHS 1". Even though, Class 10 has the same same through-put as UHS I.

I've also recently found out that there are different host controller chips for SD cards. A host controller chip that was made for "Class" rated cards is different than a host controller chip made for "UHS" rated cards. Neither controller chip handles the other rated SD cards very well, but are compatible with each other. I believe that Microsoft or Nokia spec'ed out that WP uses UHS host controller chips, which is newer and is capable of higher speeds and storage space with UHS II specifications.

Which is why I think most people are having issues with microSD cards. Primary "Class" rated cards are EVERYWHERE, where-as primary "UHS" rated cards are a bit harder to find. But they are out there.

funny i've never heard of the UHS rated til now lol... the HUNT is on!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon