Lumia 810 is LTE capable

blaze2555

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I was disappointed when I saw that the nokia website didn't list LTE bands on the Lumia 810 spec page. But when you go into the field test menu, you could clear see settings for LTE.

wp_ss_20121124_0002.pngwp_ss_20121124_0003.png

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I was disappointed when I saw that the nokia website didn't list LTE bands on the Lumia 810 spec page. But when you go into the field test menu, you could clear see settings for LTE.View attachment 23548View attachment 23549
Good find. I was hoping someone would find this either through a tear-down and finding an LTE capable radio or through this method which I forgot how to do. Dial #626#, right? Or, is it different?

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Couple of things:
1) the SoC that the wp8 lumia phones is based on (ie Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960) has the LTE radio built-in so technically they are all LTE capable from a hardware standpoint. The only question is the inclusion of proper amps/antenna modules. But in the case of t-mobile the LTE network will run on AWS so that's already good to go.
2) Per the FCC filings, the 810 was not tested with LTE so it would be technically illegal for the LTE radio to actually work inside the U.S. unless an amended test filing was submitted with LTE results. https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...me=N&application_id=218903&fcc_id='QMNRM-878'
3) Considering #1 and #2, it's completely plausible that an amended filing will be made when t-mobile lights up its LTE network. Because the network-specific firmware has probably not been written yet, it could not have been tested yet so that's likely the reason for the 2-step certification process if that's the way things turn out.

Last edited:

DaydreamHero

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes T-Mobile phones have identical hardware to models on certain Canadian carriers. Is it possible that the 810 includes hidden LTE support for those carriers, who may need to roam on Rogers or whoever?

dexi

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Lumia 810 is LTE capable. However, as you can read in other post, TMobile is not planning (officially) to give us an update which would allow us to use LTE. :crying:

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That field test shortcut works only sometimes for me. Maybe it's something to do with signal strength? In any case, I've heard two different reasons from tmo: an executive told me it lacks the hardware, while their CS people told tmonews it needs an update that they haven't concocted yet. I tend to think the latter. All eyes are on the iPhone right now. Maybe when that's blown over, they can pencil in an 810 update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans