Music starts automatically after bluetooth calls or texts

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Most of the time but not all the time, 90% I'd say,this happens. After a phone call or text message is read to me and I've responded via voice, music I have saved in my Xbox music will start automatically playing in my ear. Even though I haven't listened to music in hours or days. I always pause my music and either back out of the app or hit the windows button. This happens on my 810 and also happened on the 8x I used to use. I use a plantronics Bluetooth most of the time but it also happens on my Motorola tz700. Bizarre. Anybody else?

JphoneX

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why you are not getting replies on this. We cant be the only two. I have the same problem and it is a critical problem for a company phone. I only stream on Wi-Fi and this random playback is causing me 3G data expense problems with my employer. I made sure that I had pressed "stop" and closed last.fm. Still, when I got in my car, I found my phone was streaming the last tag I had played in last.fm and I didn't even know it had been doing it for a while, because I didn't have the BT audio channel active. We should be able to set limits so that particular apps can only use wi-fi, and can only run in the foreground with permission. This has happened several times, and all I can say is, you have to be on your guard, or uninstall your music players. I will have to remove all such apps before I take my next trip to Europe to avoid a massive roaming penalty. If your music player allows you to pin stations to the start menu. don't do that either! Now just periodically look at my sign on screen to see if it's got a player on it . I have pinned the "stop music app" to my start screen and I run it several times after I stop playing music. Things seem a little better now but I do not trust last.fm nor WP to do the right thing. The way WP handles music players is incompetent.

Seismo

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue - probably the same root cause. I have a Logitech Bluetooth Adapter.
I'm listening to music via Bluetooth from my 920.
I'm done listening to music so I hit the volume button, the music controls come up and I hit pause.
I then go into settings and turn off bluetooth.
As soon as I turn bluetooth off, the music starts playing again, through my phone's speakers.

It's REALLY annoying.

postalmarky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem when playing podcasts. I even tried to delete the offending podcast from the downloaded list but it still kept coming up after a call or text. The only way I found to remove the song or podcast from the volume rocker is to shut down the phone and
restart it. Any ideas how we can stop this? By the way I am using the 710 until I pick up the 810 this weekend.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. It's great when I get out of my car, walk into a business situation and suddenly my phone starts blaring a podcast.

The_Greys

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Remember the comments about how late the developers got the code for 8 and everyone poo pooed some for saying the code was not ready?

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
I am having this issue and wow what a pain. I have found this is only happening to me using the Motorola elite series headsets and no other (Plantronics, Blueant Q2, samsung headsets all worked correctly). Must be something to do with the specific Bluetooth Stack or software version being used on the Motorola Elite Series. I too am using the STOP the Music feature as a temporary fix but this is very annoying.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Very impressed on how many features WP8 lacks and how many bugs it has. Really.

Me too. I have this same problem but this is just one of many! I've been waiting for WP8 since its announcement in June. I couldn't believe how happy I was when I purchased my Lumia 810 but it only took a few days for me to realize how bad Windows Phone is. It looks gorgeous but that's about it. There are so many shortcomings I wouldn't even know where to start. The Calendar is my biggest problem but there are so many deficiencies in this OS its really pathetic. I'm invested now so I just have to wait for updates and hope Microsoft fills in the missing pieces. At least the L810 is future proof with at least 18 months of updates plus an LTE update coming soon. We will see but as of now I am really disappointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon