820 Reboot Problem

matrixcruiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After more than a week of using my 820 i noticed a problem.

I took my phone out of the pocket an had to insert the PIN. Was afraid it's a loose mircroSim problem.

Yesterday the phone was lying on my desk next to my computer. I noticed something was going on at the phones display. And than i saw the reboot.
It happens once in two days and really feels random

I heard about the reboot problems of the 920. Might this be the same issue?

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the 820 and I had several freeze ups but no reboots. I switched back to Verizon and picked up the 822 and so for a very stable device no issues at all. I find the battery life to also be superior to the 820. It could be something with GSM devices causing those issues. I know the 8x on all carriers is having a major reboot issue.

Probot

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here on my Lumia 820.

Have it now for 8 days. In the first 4 days it rebooted approx. 5 times. Last days only every second day.

I did already a factory reset, but didn't help.

matrixcruiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It starts to annoy me! Missed a SMS yesterday because the phone rebooted and was asking for the Pin.
And now it lays on the desk again in standby and the nokia letters came up.

Only a few apps are allowed to run in the background:
- Weather View
- Battery level for WP8
- Mail every 1/2 Hour
- Skype and Facebook integrated to the system

WiFi and 3g turned on. Location, NFC, Bluetooth off.

This must be a really bad software bug!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I disagree that it's a WP8 issue; I've now had 3 WP8 devices (a Lumia 920, an HTC 8X, and a Lumia 820), and while I had some issues with the 920 (loss of connectivity, overheating) I've not had a single reboot or freeze with any of these devices. If you have a phone which is rebooting, take it back. Get a different unit.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Well my 820 shutdown/rebooted for the first time yesterday. I also noticed my battery was draining very quickly. Hopefully it's a one off, and not a sign of things to come. :/

jverket

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine wouldn't sync my windows live account, so I did factory reset to try again, now it's stuck on the Nokia logo. Ive tried soft and hard reset multiple times. And it just goes back to the nokia logo and stays there, I have it on the charge cable and its just been like that for an hour now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes