Call Quality?

JoshuaShepherd

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
When I ring or people ring me they say they can't hear me properly, they say it sounds like I'm at the other side of the room, anybody else having the same problem? Hard reset my phone and it's still the same.

Cheers

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I did at first, people said it sounded like I had them on speakerphone. But since the Portico update this issue has not been reported to me any longer.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
By chance are you using a case? Silicone may be? I had similar issues, but it was the case I was using covering up the mic. :-/

sce_aux

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
hey folks. my wife has a 820.

call quality is TERRIBLE. sounds like she's holding the phone at arms length most of the time. like she's fading/cutting in and out.

i'd initially thought it's her gel cover, but she'd be carrying the phone without a cover the last few days, and it's been the same.

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've also experienced this and it seems to happens mostly on calls which starts on 3G and due to bad reception forces the phone to handover to 2G...

Laur3ns

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same issues with cutting out/fading/numb sound. I was about to think about getting another phone, returning it for repair, etc.
The Portico update fixed it, which became available a couple of days ago.

I verified that the issue was only occuring on normal phone, not on headset, not on speaker phone.
You can only hope you get the update soon, or bring back your phone and get a new one (hoping it ships with the update already installed).

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
though my case has holes in all the relevant places, I took it off and apparently it sounds normal now, hallelujah! hope I don't drop it

If you do drop it it's another ?20/$20 for a shiny new wireless charging case so not so bad; I look at it that most cases don't protect the glass so if the shell is damaged they are readily available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon