Broken screen on lumia 820

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I sent my phone to a guy to be fixed. He tried putting a new digitizer on, called me back and said the lcd isn't working properly. I have a feeling he's damaged the lcd while repairing because before he said only the digitzer needs replacing. I'm not angry but what should I do next?

- Pay $150 to have him order in a LCD+digitizer in a week
- Or move on/get a new phone

I paid 350 for my L820 so I don't know whether it's worth paying 150. I may run into problems further down the road if it starts malfunctioning?

Buy a new phone.. 150 is too much

rusty_sim

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys just an update, I'm not sure how but the guy fixed the LCD and only charged me for a new digitizer. My phone is working nicely but a few niggles:
- no more clear black
- double tap to wake stops the touch working
- bottom buttons (back, windows and Bing) don't light up. They're also easy to miss
- wifi won't remember password
- screen protectors mess up so I'm not using one (I wasn't when I dropped it anyway)

I had an issue with the glance screen notifications but I suspect this was because of the latest 8.1 update so I reverted back to 8.0 through NSU. Running 8.1 now but the April release.

I'm happy

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I broke my 720 screen touch is working fine pictures are fine it's just looking odd...the Nokia guys wanna charge me 150$ what can i do

rusty_sim

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi mavee trust me when I say my phone just isn't the same after fixing.

The L720 is a unibody so the LCD and digitizer may be fused.

If you can afford 150 get a new phone. 625 or maybe android?

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi mavee trust me when I say my phone just isn't the same after fixing.

The L720 is a unibody so the LCD and digitizer may be fused.

If you can afford 150 get a new phone. 625 or maybe android?

Thanks buddy...i loved my 720 but i guess don't have any choices now

Dareios

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, i am just looking for a new digitizer with frame for a good price, but i am afraid of the cheap ones on ebay. I want to ask everybody who have already changed it, where you bought it and if you are satisfied with the digitizer that you have bought.

rusty_sim

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, i am just looking for a new digitizer with frame for a good price, but i am afraid of the cheap ones on ebay. I want to ask everybody who have already changed it, where you bought it and if you are satisfied with the digitizer that you have bought.

I think mine was a cheap one off ebay (a repair guy fixed it). It looks good but the buttons don't light up and I have "ghost touches" where my phone will start selecting apps, unlocking etc. by itself. I usually have to turn it on and off.

Dareios

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I think mine was a cheap one off ebay (a repair guy fixed it). It looks good but the buttons don't light up and I have "ghost touches" where my phone will start selecting apps, unlocking etc. by itself. I usually have to turn it on and off.

I would like to avoid these problems. I heard alot good about replacebase.co.uk its more expensive but and i dont see any other option, because i dont want to throw my money into the trash by buying a problematic digitizer from ebay. However can you tell me the name of the seller on ebay? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk