Need your opinion.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral.

I moved your thread to the Nokia Lumia 820 forum, so people who have the 820 will be able to better answer your questions.

Jignesh Jain1

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
in my opininon 820 is very brittle i repaired my 820 display twice
and for ur info display cost 4000 Rs INR
also wp is still maturing not many games are available u do have games but not as much as compared to android or ios
but if you looking for daily usage phone its ok like decent phone with good battery life and contains every basic feature in intutive way
I like 820 even after reparinig it twice

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Aaaw classic nokia problem,i remember my bro had a Nokia 5800 and he changed the touch screen 3 times in about 2 years.
Well thanks for the help,i think i should get an 820 soon,but sure i will get a protection cover :p
But still i want to hear opinions from more people too :)

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
If having the latest games and other trending apps is important, then cancel WP8 soonest. Otherwise you'll be here later complaining that game X or Y is not available.

For 300 euro, you can get a Nexus 4 I think. Take a look on whatever electronics shopping site is popular in Cyprus.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The 820 is a excellent phone. I have had mine about four months and have had NO trouble with it at all. I also have two Android tablets; but have no desire getting an android phone after using the 820 for the past four months. There is all kind of games available for WP8 so you won't have any problem getting games. Maybe not as many as Android; but hell, you can only play one at a time. In fact the only complaint I have is my carrier (AT&T) has not released the new updates for the WP8. But other carriers in the US and other countries have done a much better job and upgraded so you should be OK. The OS is smooth as silk and the 820 has the same processor and memory as the 920 for alot less money. The camera is not the best in the world; but it is DAMN good and I take a lot of pictures. I think you would be happy with a 820; just don't get it from AT&T.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 820 is amazing device. Moreover you can add sd card to it and it comes with customisable covers.
nd for Videogames there are many free emulators.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
@montsa007 What do you mean with that? that i will be blind because its too bright?
@WanteringTraveler I don't rly care about battery life,if the battery die i dont mind replacing it...

Aakash Agrawal

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes the battery is a little downer but considering this phone boasts of the same hardware configuration as 920 and is still one of the fastest windows phone (when you play games, otherwise they are all fast), I think it offers amazing value. Also I just love its clearblack amoled screen. No phone has deeper blacks and you can take that to the bank.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I saw in my country 820 isnt so expensive... not cheap but not expensive. but it looks a nice phone.
if I liked enough having cellphones and such and I cared so much about phones, I would grab a 820.

its not unibody so you can replace battery easily, change color, get a wireless charging case.m
its 8gb, but you can put a sd card!. so that would be sweet for a person with a lot of pics and music and blabla. if I haven't filled my wp7 with 16gb, I don't think I would fill a 40gb+ phone.
maybe it doesn't have the camera tech from later nokia phones but its a great camera, maybe not like 920 but still you can find examples of the pics and they look nice! Nokia Lumia 820 Low Light Camera Samples

some people think it would be fragil for not having gorilla glass, but it has another brand screen protection. I don't know if its better but I heard mixed results. my sister got a wp with gorilla glass and it scratched in a week, she cursed it because she didn't get the screen protection for being "gorilla glass' and seeing videos about people using it as a hammer and all that BUT I heard a person said 820 didn't scratch with a lot of stuff on his pocket after a month.

820 has 2 HAAC microphones, and that would make everything nice if you want to record in a concert and such. I saw a video last time with someone saying how amazing 2 mic were, and it was true.

one good thing its that it has 1gb ram, so you wouldn't have problem with games and such, and it has a good processor so its not like you will have to change your phone in a while. 8.1 is coming soon and it will make the phone even better, just like gdr3 update will...

oh also it has front facing camera, so while being cheap it has one. I saw cheaper phones without it and it can make the experience better, especially with Skype getting better and probably integrated.

there are a lot of good point to grab an unbranded 820! so if you can, I would go for it, obviously if you don't find a better phone for a better price! :p

I kinda want to buy 820.... but I might just spend money in something else, im not crazy about phones but 820 surely moved my feelings a little. it looks pretty and such! so maybe I will get it as well. I should have robbed it from the store! so I would tell you better how it feels, like using it for days and days, its not the same than couple minutes in a store. but it looks like a great phone!

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Zois,

If you are looking for a sturdy phone, don't waist your money on a Nokia 820. Within a month the Digitizer (the front glass) broke. It only took one drop for it to break and it had a protector as well. I don't know if it was bad quality of the digitizer or the weight of the phone was a factor, but if you are not the type that handles your phone with gloves, the Nokia 820 may not be for you. I personally think that a phone should be sturdy enough to withstand the daily use and some minor abuse, realistically you will be using this device day in and day out while you multitask so the occasional drop is inevitable. And I agree that all electronics need to be handle with care, but I also believe that the phone should be able to handle more than one drop.

Anyway it's your money, you can waste it as you please, but after owning a Lumia 820 I would think twice before making that mistake again.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Zois,

If you are looking for a sturdy phone, don't waist your money on a Nokia 820. Within a month the Digitizer (the front glass) broke. It only took one drop for it to break and it had a protector as well. I don't know if it was bad quality of the digitizer or the weight of the phone was a factor, but if you are not the type that handles your phone with gloves, the Nokia 820 may not be for you. I personally think that a phone should be sturdy enough to withstand the daily use and some minor abuse, realistically you will be using this device day in and day out while you multitask so the occasional drop is inevitable. And I agree that all electronics need to be handle with care, but I also believe that the phone should be able to handle more than one drop.

Anyway it's your money, you can waste it as you please, but after owning a Lumia 820 I would think twice before making that mistake again.

so only because you let it drop and cant be careful about a device like this... you say it would be a waste of money? lol please...
do you know how many iphones have broke from a drop or even the 920/900/800/720, galaxies etc etc? its not like its only about 820... its about being careful, if you arent... you pay for that. it can break, it can scratch, and it can be just fine... but its not like you let it drop and you expect it to survive and be all fine all the time.

and you dont even know Zois, he can be careful with the phone and never drop it. that means he would be it wouldnt be a waste of money on it. you know, not everyone let their device drop, and if they do drop it they wont have bad luck and see their phone broken..... just saying.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Well i cant be careful with mobiles,i dropped my Sumbian nokia like 10 times,its full of scratches and dents,so i cant be careful,and i read some reviews,main problem of this mobile is the low battery life...WP8 is awesome os and cheap too,but in the other hand i want something tough,maybe i should carry on my fave os,android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes