Continued Support for 820 by AT&T?

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So have seen a post or two suggesting that AT&T might be dropping the 820 from their lineup and that could mean the phone won't be supported in the future. Is there any truth to this and what would that mean for OS updates like GDR 2, Amber, GDR 3 and 8.1?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
With the 1020, the 925, the 920 (now the "budget" WP8. Hard to fathom), the 8X still in 2 sizes, and the 15XX Phablet on the way, I have heard the same thing. I do not see it on the AT&T website anymore, which doesn't bode well.

As for support, all you can do is send emails or go to AT&T.com and open a chat to find out. AT&T is not exactly known for after purchase support of any device, including Android. They did a good job with generation #1 of WP7's (Focus, HD7s, Surround and the others), but the second generation (Focus S, Titan and Titan 2, Focus Flash) was left completely out in the cold except the 900. Throw in the 820 was not a real good seller as the lower end 8X and the 920 both sold better and I am hoping for the best but not expecting much. To be truthful, when I needed to replace my Focus S the support issue was the main reason I stuck with WP7 and got the L900. It and the 820 were in my price range, but I did not trust AT&T to release updates. I am sure Nokia has them ready, I just am not sure AT&T wants the headache.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I cannot agree with you more. I have been with AT&T for 8 years;no plan, but I only got my first smartphone 4 months ago (820). I have not seen an update from AT&T since I got it. Yet I have seen other carriers upgrading the 810 and 822 during those same four months. Problem is I am now stuck with a 2 year contract for a phone that may not get any support from the carrier. As soon as I can get out of my contract I plan on waving by by to AT&T and going with T-Mobile. If anyone knows a way to get out of these two year plans I would love to hear about it. I think the phone is wonderful. I think AT&T is the pits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes