OFFICIAL "I GOT MY LUMIA BLACK" update thread..

WPRaptor1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My L820 has a French ROM and Black is not available in this country yet.
But,why NSU can't find any update? That's how i installed Amber before it got available.

Gibraltar75

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
L820 operator free, Portugal variant. Updating this very minute. Had to free 1GB of storage for the update to process. For you guys having problems with the update check if you have at least 1GB free on the phone,

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
L820 operator free, Portugal variant. Updating this very minute. Had to free 1GB of storage for the update to process. For you guys having problems with the update check if you have at least 1GB free on the phone,

Initially I had 1.1GB free. Moved some music to my SD card and I now have 1.9GB. From what I've read elsewhere I don't think its a storage issue.

p.s. Microsoft are looking into it apparently and will update this forum post when they know.
Update was downloaded but could not be opened (80188309) - Microsoft Community

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I got the update too, L920 with GDR3 preview before the update. And just like most of us, I can't install Nokia Beamer!

vmln8r

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Can confirm this workaround, erm worked for me:

Ing. Lele replied on January 14, 2014See post history
Close
I was able to fix the issue on my phone Nokia 920 Vodafone Italy.

Workaround:
- reboot phone
- deleted temporary file from storage section in settings
- reboot phone again
- trigger installation

You should got the "preparing for install" phase stuck at 100% for about 5 minutes then you shoud receive the "ready to install update" message

Hope this help.

Tested on Nokia 920 Vodafone Italy

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
honestly I see zero difference based on my daily usage. Other than the X to close app which is actually a gdr3 feature, I don't see any relevant to me, hopefully there are some hidden bug fixes that make the phone better.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
When I first got my first smart phone about a year ago I was hyped up to t he max. I had been using high end text/keyboard phones for many years before. The first real updates (GDR2) started comming out and I cannot tell you how dissappointed I was that it took AT&T almost two months after it began pushing the update out to push it to my 820. Since then I have begun to realize this upgrade thing is not such a big deal. My 820 does all I need it to do and more, I turn off more of the great update things than I use.
I have been using computers since the Atari 800 came out about a thousand years ago, I had one of the first portable computers Radio Shack model 100 about 500 years ago. Technology is a great thing; but it does not make the world go round, it only makes it go a little faster.
So don't get too upset if this next great update takes awhile to reach your phone. Put it off as one of life's little annoyances, because there is another one comming just down the road.Peace Brother

Chris_kosmidis

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. This evening my Lumia 820 on O2 UK found an update... However after downloading I always get an 80188309 error. Google search unsuccessful. Maybe just trying to early... ? =)
View attachment 54396

I think that this is a known issue since Amber!!You just have to try again in a few days!You shouldn't worry..
By the way, i' ve installed Black on my 1020 in Greece and it's running great!The camera is improved, therefore no more "yellow noise" in your photos!!The improved multitasker with the ability to close the apps works perfectly..!No issues for me!

Have a good day!

jimkraz

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I got the Lumia Black update this morning on my L820, took about an hour or just over altogether, everything went off ok, sat on 100% getting ready to install for a wee while, thought it was stuck, but you just have to be patient and make sure you have more than a gig of space and your plugged in to charger. Jim

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I got the Black update for my 820 in India yesterday..the all new Nokia Camera, Nokia Storyteller app, new glance colours and notifications on glance screen, but one thing Nokia Refocus not here but most of the sites are mentioning it is for all Nokia Lumia with 1gb and above RAM, is it a pureview thing..

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey I have updated my lumia 820.but this update has worsen my camera quality it seems even more blurry.anyone experiencing the same.

Sent from my iris458Q using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit