Verizon Red theme color = Red theme color?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Red is the one on the far right, "Verizon Red" is the one at the very end on the bottom. On the phone they look the same - they really do! This is a screen cap and for some reason now that I have saved it to my computer they do look different.

wp_ss_20121203_0001.png

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Verizon added their own red to the theme colors? Of the two reds you mentioned, I like the Verizon Red, but prefer the sort of red garnet color next to the regular red. Even though they looked similar when looking at the grid, did they look any different when you applied the theme?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Verizon added their own red to the theme colors? Of the two reds you mentioned, I like the Verizon Red, but prefer the sort of red garnet color next to the regular red. Even though they looked similar when looking at the grid, did they look any different when you applied the theme?

No they don't look any different on the phone :( They are both a bright red. Im guessing it's a "limitation" of the AMOLED screen. I'm curious how the 8X's LCD 2 screen shows the colors.

luke6494

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
hmm i can see a difference in the verizon red and the regular red. maybe i am looking to close though. the only thing i can tell on screen is that the verizon red is a little more washed out and not as bright if u will. thats what ive been noticing. maybe my eyes are just weird who knows

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Red is the one on the far right, "Verizon Red" is the one at the very end on the bottom. On the phone they look the same - they really do! This is a screen cap and for some reason now that I have saved it to my computer they do look different.

View attachment 24106

You may perceive them the same but that has more to do with the fact that there is some variation in how different people perceive subtle hues and intensities of primary colors. They are most definitely different hues and FWIW I can easily tell the difference on the phone. Granted, I am an archaeologist and have spent quite a bit of time over the years looking at Munsell color charts. To you they may look the same but they are different. In fact, I find he orange-ish tone of the Office tile to be really annoying in combination with the Verizon red and slightly less so with the standard red. Still annoying but just a bit less....

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
According to GIMP:

Red:
H=5
S=100
V=90
R=229
G=20
B=0
HTML notation=e51400

Verizon Red:
H=0
S=81
V=84
R=214
G=40
B=40
HTML notation=d62828

So yes, they are different.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
According to GIMP:

Red:
H=5
S=100
V=90
R=229
G=20
B=0
HTML notation=e51400

Verizon Red:
H=0
S=81
V=84
R=214
G=40
B=40
HTML notation=d62828

So yes, they are different.
Interesting, on the Verizon Trophy, "verizon" is FF0000 and "red" is E51400. I got those values straight from the registry, back when I had a working registry editor. I wonder if Verizon slightly changed their color, or if the screenshot didn't quite capture it accurately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon