I decided to scrap the APP on my 822 (Facebook & Twitter)

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Since Christmas, I think I have read over 100 WP8 APP reviews. While going through a few yesterday, I found some folks who decided not to use the Marketplace Facebook or Twitter APP(S). Instead, they when to IE on their WP8 phone, went to facebook.com or twitter.com, and when those sites loaded - they selected the option to pin those Websites to their Start Screen.

The good news is that both Facebook and Twitter have the "smarts" to render the mobile versions of their Websites on your 822. Not only do you get the same look and feel that you are used to from your PC, but both sites seem to load faster and offer toolbars with familiar icons or tool locations.

I don't mean to dis the APP developers here, but sometimes (especially when you get older :wink:) - simple and familiar works best!

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree, I don't always need an app to check in for me and I don't always want to check in either.

Apple made is such a trend to use an APP for everything. I work for a company called Kronos, and even our company makes "mobile and tablet solutions". I always call BS on our Marketing Department because these "solutions" are nothing more than Apple APPS. No Windows, Windows Phone or Droid support. I find it pathetic.

However, with that thought in mind - I also try to point out that in some cases an APP is not needed. We already have things like employee self service (online paychecks, etc.) that you can simply see in a browser. Why rewrite software to do what a browser already does for you?

Skeeder

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I figured that out shortly after installing the facebook app. The mobile web allows me to do more things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes