App store updates

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Why am I not getting notified of app updates? In the past occasionally there would be a number on the app store icon indicating that I had updates. Recently I'm not getting that information although there are updates pending.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
That's anyones guess. I get notified when my phone or the WP Store feels like notifying me. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to when we are notified of updates. Someone previously suggested that the phone will check for updates once per 24 hour period (according to when the phone was first switched on and set-up) but if you don't happen to be connected to the internet at that particular time the phone will wait another 24 hours before checking again.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Problem solved! I knew I should have updates from reading WPCentral. I then ignored the temptation to go and update without being notified. After a couple days I decided to pull the battery (while on) and at the same time I removed the sim and SD.
When I put it all back together I was greeted with 12 updates available! How cool is that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS