The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Just curious, even with Portico I still can't get XBOX music to behave properly with 20GB+ music on the SD card. Tried reformatting, different cards, etc. I get missing song titles, freezes, etc when using the SD card. Personally, my thought is that it is a problem with the app, as the same app has so many other problems.

But I am curious, how many have gotten XBOX Music on the 822 working with 20GB+ of music stored on SD card? Or are most of you experiencing the same problems still?
    04-23-2013 03:09 PM
    I have not. I just get duplicate songs, however, nothing as bad as freezing and missing song titles.
    04-24-2013 03:06 AM
    I have a little over 3 GB left on my 64 GB card. Had some duplicates, but otherwise it's working as expected.
    04-24-2013 12:12 PM
    It depends on what method u are using to get songs on SD-card.

If u are syncing Via Windows Phone app or some software , high chances of having duplicates.

Best way to avoid all issues is format SD-card , pull it out and use a card reader , copy-paste whole music.Always remember to use "remove SD-card" option in phone storage before removing (even though u switch off phone for that)

If u are still facing issues , reset the phone.

I had so many issues in first month but once after i reset my phone and sd-card once , zero problems.

Music player lags when selecting a song from whole songs list but it doesn't lag when u select song inside an album or short list.Other than that no issues.

Copy-Paste method and My music is around 12 GB - No issues , duplicates , bugs from 2 months

EDIT : my SD-card now has like 30 gb worth of videos and 7 gb videos/pics from camera roll , 11 gb of music and 3 gb of photos.
    Only music player is slow and that too when selecting song from whole list , no issues with videos.
    04-24-2013 12:25 PM
    Is there a way to backup saved games etc on the phone before reset?
    04-24-2013 06:38 PM
    Is there a way to backup saved games etc on the phone before reset?
    Unfortunately no.
    04-24-2013 10:38 PM
    It depends on what method u are using to get songs on SD-card.

If u are syncing Via Windows Phone app or some software , high chances of having duplicates.

Best way to avoid all issues is format SD-card , pull it out and use a card reader , copy-paste whole music.Always remember to use "remove SD-card" option in phone storage before removing (even though u switch off phone for that)

If u are still facing issues , reset the phone.

I had so many issues in first month but once after i reset my phone and sd-card once , zero problems.

Music player lags when selecting a song from whole songs list but it doesn't lag when u select song inside an album or short list.Other than that no issues.

Copy-Paste method and My music is around 12 GB - No issues , duplicates , bugs from 2 months

EDIT : my SD-card now has like 30 gb worth of videos and 7 gb videos/pics from camera roll , 11 gb of music and 3 gb of photos.
    Only music player is slow and that too when selecting song from whole list , no issues with videos.
    What brand and type of SD card are you using?
    04-26-2013 04:31 PM
    I had the same problem with lags before which was over 10gb of music, all from mixed sources (iTunes, previous wmp purchases, Zune). I did a music collection cleanup yesterday because my phone was showing duplicates, as in all files were duplicated. So I had to redownload all the songs from Xbox music, only 6gb now coz I had to cut off a few hundred songs because they sound stupid now. Anyway now I don't get lag, so I assume its the tags that keeps the player from lagging.
    04-26-2013 06:26 PM
    Do you have to repeat this process every time you want to add music?
    04-29-2013 02:28 PM
    OK so I tried this again. I did not reset the device as I find that to be a last resort.

What I did different:
    I re-encoded ALL of the files with LAME @ 128kbps MP3 to ensure no corrupt mp3 streams, and attempted to eliminate any files with broken metadata. I also deleted all of the files in the hidden artist/album folders in the 822 and fully cleared the songs from the internal memory of the device. XBOX CLOUD disabed.

After loading nearly 10,000 songs on a 64gb UHS-1 Sandisk MicroSDXC, I put the card in. It took a while for XBOX Music to load the files in.

So far I have noticed the following behaviors:
    1) The phone no longer appears to freeze, however it seems a bit slower at some tasks at times
    2) XBOX Music sometimes randomly closes, but it can be re-opened
    3) Navigating the menus in XBOX music is significantly more sluggish than when using internal memory only - even after metadata was fully populated.
    4) Not having any issues with duplicate filenames
    5) 1080p videos record on the SD card, but about every 30-60sec there are slight stutters in the video, which I read was normal in another thread with the current firmware.

Note I also tested two other 64gb cards and a class 4 32gb card - none of them worked as smoothly as using the internal phone memory.

Hopefully Nokia's next FW update or XBOX Music/video app update can improve the performance to make XBOX Music navigate faster and completely eliminate video stutters.
    Last edited by Ruined; 04-30-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    04-30-2013 11:08 AM