Day One 822 - Amber GDR2 Experience

drummer0294

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have had the 822 since day one. I purchased the wireless charging cover and the Nokia plate.

Issues Prior to the Update
1-Daily freezes which required a soft reset. Wireless charging worked but every morning a soft reset is needed to get the phone functioning again.
2-Other storage was close to 10 GBs.
3-Could not update maps due to low space
4-Issues saving video and pictures to SD card. I have a supported card.
After the Update
1-No more daily freezes. Wireless charging works as it should. Phone does not require a soft reset
2-Other storage went to 5 GBs
3-Moved maps to SD card using Lumia Storage Check App. Great feature on 822 to get phone storage back.
4-No more issues with SD card storage. Recorded various length videos...max was 20 minutes.

I read others have had issues with headset buttons not working after the update. I have the wired Nokia Monster headphones and all buttons work as expected. I also installed Pro Cam and Smart Cam. I see improvements in picture quality in Auto Mode. Pictures look sharper and colors more natural. I see no issues with Live tiles not updating.

Great update, although it took longer than it should have to fix base function bugs...Thanks MS and Nokia

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been un-installing apps, little by little, over time, to make sure that I have any free space for this update to install. I have 7.2 GB of Other and 100 MB of Free Space. Will that be enough?

What are your observations regarding all the XBox Music problems?

Regards,
Kevin on Lumia 822

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
where is the option to move maps to an SD card?....I have the latest version of storage check do I need the beta or delete my maps and download onto SD card?

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
You will need the beta version first. That has the option of where maps can be stored. You can't move maps need to delete and download again to SD card. This is done with the beta version of storage check

drummer0294

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Storing maps on the SD does require the Lumia Storage Check App. I installed it...deleted the map(s) from the phone...ran the Storage Check App...changed location to SD card and downloaded map(s) again. I suggest installing the nokiaupdates app from the store. Great app for getting all the Nokia apps...this is how I installed the Lumia Storage Check app and Pro Cam.

I have the 822 connected to a Windows 8 machine and with the GRD2 update and the updated Xbox Music App in Win 8 I had no issues moving music to the phone. No duplicates have appeared.

TomInAmsterdam

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the headphone issue! My sennheiser fitness ones, last week the remote worked (minus volume) went to use today and now the remote doesnt work at all, only change is the GDR2 update (lumia 920 btw)

ck2012

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the headphone issue! My sennheiser fitness ones, last week the remote worked (minus volume) went to use today and now the remote doesnt work at all, only change is the GDR2 update (lumia 920 btw)
I have no headphone issue, i'm using nokia purity wh920 with my lumia 822

TomInAmsterdam

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I think ones made specially fp WP work but ones that were not and were made for Android or iOS but still had some functionality are the ones now having issues, its a shame as there is a real lack of good headphones for WP and I could live without volume working but I cant live without any remote at all :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon